Freedom edition?

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Sorry if there are 100 of you driving these, but when I search for this, Freedom panels fill up the search query. I'm building an awful lot of Wranglers online and trying to decide what to order since there are no soft top 2 door manuals anywhere on lots. I was sold on Willys, but now this model is looking pretty nice for the price and options. As far as I can tell from the specs, this is the only model that comes standard with a steel front bumper. Leather trimmed seats too. And since I want a 2 door, I'm not that worried about power windows and doors, and deleting those options allows me to budget other upgrades I'd rather have. I don't love the wheels as pictured on Jeep's site but that's easy enough to change out down the line. If anyone can post a real life Freedom edition photo, I'd be much obliged.
Sponsored

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Sorry if there are 100 of you driving these, but when I search for this, Freedom panels fill up the search query. I'm building an awful lot of Wranglers online and trying to decide what to order since there are no soft top 2 door manuals anywhere on lots. I was sold on Willys, but now this model is looking pretty nice for the price and options. As far as I can tell from the specs, this is the only model that comes standard with a steel front bumper. Leather trimmed seats too. And since I want a 2 door, I'm not that worried about power windows and doors, and deleting those options allows me to budget other upgrades I'd rather have. I don't love the wheels as pictured on Jeep's site but that's easy enough to change out down the line. If anyone can post a real life Freedom edition photo, I'd be much obliged.
Blue Ridge, I have been in the same position and finally ordered a 2dr Freedom in January and it will be delivered to dealer next week so no photos yet. What I can tell you is, yes this is the only version that comes with steel front bumper as part of the package. Nice, because many are not happy with the OEM rear steel bumper in the options package on the Rubicon so you just get the front. Also, the wheel color shown for the Freedom on the jeep site is way off. It is not actually that dark. It is much closer to the color of the Sport S wheels. A little trick on jeep site I use is search inventory and only select Freedom Edition and leave everything else blank expect distance and set at 200 miles then put in different zip codes for different part of the county. Colorado Springs (military's base and Texas dealers seem to have more Freedom editions on dealer lots. You then select the button to view vehicle on the dealer site and on some they post photos and you can see the real shade of the wheels. I liked the Willis, but did not want MT tires. Freedom comes with AT tires, rock protection sill rails, leather seats with cloth middles, not 100% leather everywhere, deep tint , front steel bumper plus most of al the sport S features and the premium soft top is standard with package. Note, you will not be able to delete power window and doors as they are part of the package. You will need to be ok with graphic star symbol on the hood and some additional stickers are around the vehicle. I think it is underserved edition especially the 2 door version. Good luck.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, can't wait to see yours! The build site is very confusing. For example, Willys show as having LED package standard, and yet it's an option in the build. There are several other anomolies from specs to build sheet as well as options being forced or removed. In a perfect world I'd test drive something before I buy it, but even though I'm interested in both Wranglers and Gladiators, nothing close to my builds have shown up within 300 miles since I started searching daily 2 months ago.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Thanks, can't wait to see yours! The build site is very confusing. For example, Willys show as having LED package standard, and yet it's an option in the build. There are several other anomolies from specs to build sheet as well as options being forced or removed. In a perfect world I'd test drive something before I buy it, but even though I'm interested in both Wranglers and Gladiators, nothing close to my builds have shown up within 300 miles since I started searching daily 2 months ago.
Willys has standard LEDs, the build website is broken. I saw the same thing, few other errors like that.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most annoying is probably keyless entry forcing you to pick half doors. My local small town hardware store has a more accurate website than Jeep's.

Sponsored

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Most annoying is probably keyless entry forcing you to pick half doors. My local small town hardware store has a more accurate website than Jeep's.
Willys and Freedom editions come standard with LED headlamps I think the optional LED package get you additional LED daytime running lights and LED turn signals.
Willys has standard LEDs, the build website is broken. I saw the same thing, few other errors like that.
Willys and Freedom editions come standard with LED headlamps I think the optional LED package get you additional LED daytime running lights and LED turn signals.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, $1045 seems like a lot for turn signals and accent lights.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I think that the website is accurate that keyless entry isn't available on the Sport S variants (Willy's, Freedom, Islander, Altitude) besides the 80th and the orders with half doors.

Earlier this year you definitely could not get the keyless entry on any of the Sport S models and until the half door showed up on the configurator they were available either.

I think order guide are pretty accurate as long as you follow M/H (must have) and N/A (Not available) codes

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems odd power doors couldn't add that feature, but I've been told that's it's pretty simple to add after the fact. Hopefully doesn't mean a 2nd giant key fob though.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Last year Keyless entry was one differentiators between Sahara/Rubicon and Sport variations models.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
One thing I noticed in dealer inventory is many of them have similar pattern of options. If you are not find what you looking for, it probably means that you want something that isn't common dealer inventory configuration and you likely need to order it. I also haven't seen a single Freedom edition on dealer lot in my area since I started planning in August for a wrangler pruchase.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that you mention it, nor have I. Seems like it would be a reasonably popular package with what comes with it.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys

Nope it's just a glitch. The LED package it lets you option is standard, confirmed this with dealer when I placed my order last week. It's the Sport LED package which is standard, the one with the accents is the full LED package you can get on Sahara and Rubi.

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Blue Ridge, I have been in the same position and finally ordered a 2dr Freedom in January and it will be delivered to dealer next week so no photos yet. What I can tell you is, yes this is the only version that comes with steel front bumper as part of the package. Nice, because many are not happy with the OEM rear steel bumper in the options package on the Rubicon so you just get the front. Also, the wheel color shown for the Freedom on the jeep site is way off. It is not actually that dark. It is much closer to the color of the Sport S wheels. A little trick on jeep site I use is search inventory and only select Freedom Edition and leave everything else blank expect distance and set at 200 miles then put in different zip codes for different part of the county. Colorado Springs (military's base and Texas dealers seem to have more Freedom editions on dealer lots. You then select the button to view vehicle on the dealer site and on some they post photos and you can see the real shade of the wheels. I liked the Willis, but did not want MT tires. Freedom comes with AT tires, rock protection sill rails, leather seats with cloth middles, not 100% leather everywhere, deep tint , front steel bumper plus most of al the sport S features and the premium soft top is standard with package. Note, you will not be able to delete power window and doors as they are part of the package. You will need to be ok with graphic star symbol on the hood and some additional stickers are around the vehicle. I think it is underserved edition especially the 2 door version. Good luck.
I've been building one for months with no luck too. Back when I first started looking in Sept, Oct there was a 2020 in freehold with everything I wanted at the time but trailer tow. Really didn't want to install it myself and the more I thought about it I hadn't bought it yet and it was already a year old. So I let it go. It was around Dec when they started showing the freedom editions for 2021. Still haven't seen any 2 doors. Now if they would let me order it with the bigger brakes I'd order it tomorrow.

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Blue Ridge Picked up JL 2door Freedom Edition today. It was worth the wait to order it. Here are a couple of photos.
Jeep Wrangler JL Freedom edition? BB5EEC4D-8739-446D-B897-B819B266AF57
Jeep Wrangler JL Freedom edition? B47F7E32-A035-4CBF-B8CA-5A8B43632BBE
Sponsored