longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Hey all quick question ❓

I was looking at some fender Decal/Inserts. They state "Note"- for a Rubicon. But then it says 2018,2019,2020,2021 Wrangler unlimited?

So the question is, is the front fender area (black plastic piece) different on the Rubicon? So not all the front fender decals/inserts don't all fit the same?

Thanks.
Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Hey all quick question ❓

I was looking at some fender Decal/Inserts. They state "Note"- for a Rubicon. But then it says 2018,2019,2020,2021 Wrangler unlimited?

So the question is, is the front fender area (black plastic piece) different on the Rubicon? So not all the front fender decals/inserts don't all fit the same?

Thanks.
It's not different, its just that the non-rubicon fender is lower, so you can see where the shorter decal ends versus the higher fender hiding the tail, if that makes sense.

We offer a longer template that goes all the way to the front of the jeep, however the shorter more universal ones are the only ones on our site. If you want to talk about the longer versions that go all the way forward, feel free to send a message, we'd love to work with you!

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the reply. I don't quite understand what you are saying. So I will gladly send you a message. One other thing, I was looking on the new jeepgraphicstudio is where I saw them. I have been on your site as well but I did not see the ones I like. I am looking to match the hood decals in mat black with the bronze outline.

The ones I was looking at are mat black with mountains and say Wrangler unlimited.

Be in touch. Thanks for the help.

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
I'll explain here so more people can understand:

Since the rubicon fender sits higher, the shorter more common style of fender decal has a hidden tail:

View attachment 539213

On a non-rubicon they look like this. Since the fender is lower you can see where they end:

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Decal / Inserts 1638226065595

The solution to this that some prefer is a much longer decal that follows the body line above the fender all the way forward:

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Decal / Inserts 1638226132514

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender Decal / Inserts image000000

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, thank you. I get it now. I do like the way it looks with the tail hidden but would be ok with the shorter version, or the longer one for that matter. The wife likes the mat black with the bronze outline, I would also be ok with this color choice.

I don't see the ones I liked on your site though with the mountains and wording Wrangler unlimited.

I sent you and email on your website already.

Thanks again

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Since the rubicon fender sits higher, the shorter more common style of fender decal has a hidden tail:

View attachment 539213

1638226065595.png

1638226132514.png

image000000.jpg
The photos make evident what you perhaps intended to reference here: the quarter panel (or vent) decals.

I too was trying to envision what decals were in fact affixed to the actual fenders on a Wrangler. 🤔
Sponsored