Sponsored

FCA Quality

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Why is FCA quality so poor? I’ve never seen first hand the poor quality of new vehicles like I have with RAM, and all the comments here about Jeep. I feel lucky that my Jeep has no issues (except for the steering). The price I paid for the Wrangler is no less than what I paid for my BMW. The BMW is of much higher quality. My Subaru was much cheaper but it never had issues. What gives?
Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Every company has quality issues...and most post regarding issues, not when The going is great. The last BMW product I had blew an engine due to design defect, BMW would not stand behind the product...joined the class action law suit to get a minimal reimbursement. Certainly not defending FCA (I'm not a fan for sure), but I've had no issues over 4 Jeeps. By my personal experience, BMW way worse than Jeep. YMMV.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The vast majority of every brand are fine. And every brand has some problems. You can't make a valid global statement with a limited pool of verifiable data.

OP
OP

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
We have a new 2019 RAM 1500 Lone Star at home and it has just hit 1000 miles. The transmission doesn’t always engage when it’s put in drive, and the parking sensors are malfunctioning. Poor quality control.