aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
What's your favorite farkle and why?

Until others chimed in I was about to share an experience I had after drinking all day and eating 2 beef burritos topped with baked beans while wearing white shorts on an 18 hole golf course with no bathroom in sight...wow I'm glad I didn't post that, would have been em-bare-ass-ing. :whew:
[/QUOTE]
Thought he Farkled but Crapped on a Coyote?

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Farkles is a term used on motorcyle forums. Most notably on adventure bike forums. They refer to things that people add to their bikes to mostly make the thing look cooler than they really are. The worst offenders are the BMW R1200GS Adventure bike owners who spent $30,000 on their bike and still feel the need to add $10,000 worth of things like skid plates; luggage boxes; heated grips; hand guards; crash protection and sliders; giant wind screens; aftermarket seats; after market mirrors; ipads (for navigation) -- and then only end up riding the bike (usually in groups) to Starbucks on Saturday morning. The entire group will each park their bike in an individual parking space leaving none for the other customers. And then they end up getting angry when all the outdoor seating in the shade is already taken. They need shade, because their $2,000 Aerostich hi-viz one-piece suit is very hot especially in the sun. And, you know, they own a BMW so they are entitled to the best spot. They have to sit outside so they can make sure no one messes with their bike (like anyone would want it with all that useless crap on it) while they talk loudly about how the skid plate is going to make the trans-America trip they plan on doing "some day" so much easier. And how sad they feel for the guys who try it on their $4,000 KLR 650s.

• Haha
Reactions: omg

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Farkles is a term used on motorcyle forums. Most notably on adventure bike forums. They refer to things that people add to their bikes to mostly make the thing look cooler than they really are. The worst offenders are the BMW R1200GS Adventure bike owners who spent $30,000 on their bike and still feel the need to add $10,000 worth of things like skid plates; luggage boxes; heated grips; hand guards; crash protection and sliders; giant wind screens; aftermarket seats; after market mirrors; ipads (for navigation) -- and then only end up riding the bike (usually in groups) to Starbucks on Saturday morning. The entire group will each park their bike in an individual parking space leaving none for the other customers. And then they end up getting angry when all the outdoor seating in the shade is already taken. They need shade, because their $2,000 Aerostich hi-viz one-piece suit is very hot especially in the sun. And, you know, they own a BMW so they are entitled to the best spot. They have to sit outside so they can make sure no one messes with their bike (like anyone would want it with all that useless crap on it) while they talk loudly about how the skid plate is going to make the trans-America trip they plan on doing "some day" so much easier. And how sad they feel for the guys who try it on their $4,000 KLR 650s.
I have never heard it put so eloquently. Perfect my friend!

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Figured the thousand word I wrote would be better with a picture. This guy...

Aerostich-Transit-3-Jacket-and-Pants.jpg

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
OMG "You're killing me Smalls" I have tears literally running down my face.
Sponsored