E-Pro 12RK

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Picked this little outfit up a week ago, and have been doing a few arts & crafts projects to make it my own and to work better for my use case. As more problems present themselves, I'll try to keep this thread updated with my solutions. See you on the trails 😎

Here it is the day we picked it up from the original owner (it's a 2017 model year):
Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5075.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5116.JPG

Replaced the dinky 13" tires and wheels with some 30x9.50R15 BFG A/T's and some spiffy trailer wheels:

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5157.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5161.JPG

Modified the tongue jack to convert it to a flip-up style:
Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5166.JPG

Added a roof basket with some brackets and Quick Fist clamps to hold a shovel and axe so I can build a fire while waiting for my Starbucks:
Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5289.JPG

Finished it off, for now, with a rear bumper/slider/step/tire carrier that helps access the new roof basket, protects the rear corners, and gets the spare tire out from under the tongue for better clearance. The added benefit will be a handy place to put a folding table to create a little 'L' shaped galley work station under the hatch, but I'm still waiting on the aluminum channel to arrive to hang the table from:
Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5246.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5279.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5292.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Some quick pics from our latest excursion with the 12RK:

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5504.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5595.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5638.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK IMG_5874.JPG

Quick lesson learned: pay attention to the DYNAMIC load rating of your roof rack... We slammed about 100lbs of firewood up there only to find both of the crossbars had nearly completely pulled out of the roof structure when we arrived in camp for night #2 😲 I stuffed the screw holes with some slivers of dry wood and screwed it back together, good as new, but I left the rest of the firewood in camp for the next group to enjoy.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have the E-pro 12RK. I have towed it over 46,000 miles. It has been a great trailer. We did remove the microwave and fridge for more storage and countertop room. We never used the microwave, and have a fridge in the Jeep. I got rid of the mattress and replaced it with a 10 inch deep memory foam mattress. I had to trim the mattress to fit, but It sleeps great. We pulled the air conditioner and replaced it with a max fan. Added solar on the roof, an awning and a 200 amp hour lithium battery for power.

It has pretty much been trouble free.

Also added a gun case to the rack. We put our dirty cloths in it and various not often used stuff that is not used often.

Jeep Wrangler JL E-Pro 12RK 1657453688382

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
How old are those KO's.
Be mindful of rot.
Sponsored