Driveshaft/Transmission jerk?

dm00re

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Over the weekend I had 35" tires installed on my JLU and for whatever reason when I'm coming to a stop or moving under 20mph and not on the gas it feels as if there is a clunking or a shift back & forth under the car.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new weight added but its definitely noticeable and started when I put the new wheels/tires on.

Any thoughts on what it could be whether its the driveshaft or something transmission related that someone else has had a similar experience?
Sponsored

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Over the weekend I had 35" tires installed on my JLU and for whatever reason when I'm coming to a stop or moving under 20mph and not on the gas it feels as if there is a clunking or a shift back & forth under the car.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new weight added but its definitely noticeable and started when I put the new wheels/tires on.

Any thoughts on what it could be whether its the driveshaft or something transmission related that someone else has had a similar experience?
In case you haven’t found this more extensive thread, look up Knock in rear with Dana 44. There are many of us with bad axles and bearings.