First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLU Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Adult Day Care
I removed my doors the other day. Since reinstalling them the drivers door doesn’t control the interior light. All other doors control it correctly. Help!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I removed my doors the other day. Since reinstalling them the drivers door doesn’t control the interior light. All other doors control it correctly. Help!
@ytry

Unplug door harness and check pins. You may have a bent / crooked pin. Straighten pins and then carefully, plug harness back in and see if that remedied the issue. It should, as what else could it be.

OP
OP

ytry

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Adult Day Care
@ytry

Unplug door harness and check pins. You may have a bent / crooked pin. Straighten pins and then carefully, plug harness back in and see if that remedied the issue. It should, as what else could it be.
Yeah, I’m gonna check them in the morning. I agree that seems like the only thing it can be. That plug is pretty fool proof though.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yeah, I’m gonna check them in the morning. I agree that seems like the only thing it can be. That plug is pretty fool proof though.
@ytry

Quite the contrary... that plug is not pretty fool proof. LOTS of guys on this forum, over the last year, have had issue with bent / crooked pins on the door harness that caused similar or the same issue.

Let us know how you make out.

OP
OP

ytry

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Adult Day Care
@ytry

Quite the contrary... that plug is not pretty fool proof. LOTS of guys on this forum, over the last year, have had issue with bent / crooked pins on the door harness that caused similar or the same issue.

Let us know how you make out.
I just grabbed a mirror and flashlight and checked the connector. I have 3 pins that are bent and sliding on the outside of the connector.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the connector no bent pins yet, but the track (white plastic) that pulls in plug already broke on both drivers and passenger.

Did your window still operate? Just curious for future trouble shooting on my end.
Sponsored