Sponsored

Does Gladiator ride better than Wrangler?

BIGGERRUBICON

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I happened to see one of these the other days and now the research has begun! Does this ride any better than the 4 door Wrangler?
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I happened to see one of these the other days and now the research has begun! Does this ride any better than the 4 door Wrangler?
longer wheelbase alone will always give you smoother ride.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Eventually i will go test drive one as i am pretty interested and have a bad habit of not keeping vehicles very long. Anyway, i watched a video that explained how the JL rear shocks face <- direction and the JT rear shocks face -> which = a better ride.
- now I do not know that much about suspensions, shock directions being relative to x, y, or z, and or why that would even matter.
But! I am going to go and test one within the next few months and if i think it rides better (or worse) i will post in these forums letting everyone know i think A. Or B. Rides better. Until then the Engineer or YouTube videos are not enough for me to believe either is better without physically putting my @ss in the seat. Really if you think about it ā€œrides betterā€ is a subjective thing. I feel like my wrangler ā€œrides betterā€ than a helicopter (real life), but! I really donā€™t like being in a helicopter soooooo my subjective-ness defines the ā€˜betterā€™. :)
I am sure we will start seeing A vs. B threads more in the near future. Stealer-ship by my house has a Billett Rubi on the lot as of two days ago, so they are getting into the wild now!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure we will start seeing A vs. B threads more in the near future. Stealer-ship by my house has a Billett Rubi on the lot as of two days ago, so they are getting into the wild now!
If the ride is the primary deciding factory between a Wrangler and a Gladiator... I just can't wrap my head around that. I mean one's an SUV and the other is a truck. Surely there would be more pertinent factors in this decision. Like @LeaN69 69 said, the longer wheelbase along will be a smoother ride. But still...
Sponsored