Dealer Speedometer Recalibration

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Am getting ready to put 35s on my 2019 JL Sport. I have less than 9K miles, so I want to make sure to get my speedo recalibrated just to make sure no warranty problems down the road (i.e., not actual miles on odometer). Just called a NorCal dealer and they quoted me a price of $425 - and said that they would be leaving a component on the Jeep....does this sound right for a cost?? Has anyone recently had a dealer recalibrate speedometer?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Am getting ready to put 35s on my 2019 JL Sport. I have less than 9K miles, so I want to make sure to get my speedo recalibrated just to make sure no warranty problems down the road (i.e., not actual miles on odometer). Just called a NorCal dealer and they quoted me a price of $425 - and said that they would be leaving a component on the Jeep....does this sound right for a cost?? Has anyone recently had a dealer recalibrate speedometer?
Stealerships .... best to be avoided for such needs.

You need to have your speedo correct as your shift points will be impacted negatively if you do not have the calibration done. This is just one reason to have the calibration done by you or the stealership.

IF all you want to do is get your speedo correct, do look into an app called JSCAN.

For $25+- for the app registration in regards to your JL, and for about $50 worth of hardware you can get from Amazon, you can easily easily, easily do the calibration yourself. Takes a few minutes and any guy or gal can do...

Do a forum search using the word JSCAN.

Azrael5988

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU eco diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I got my lift and 35s through the dealership... and they do a calibration as part of the service. Honestly you could probably just grab a programmer for waaaay cheaper.

OP
OP
Chotaling

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Ended up having dealership do recalibration at same time as alignment. The did the wiring harness and used ProCal. So I can use it later myself if we decide to re-gear. The also adjusted the drag line for steering wheel and did final adjustments on track bars at no extra cost - very happy with result and wasn’t really that pricey

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
the local dealer claims they "couldn't find" the tire size setting in the system in order to recalibrate my speedo for 35s. :facepalm:

anyone familiar with where to find it so i can teach them this too?

mudog

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully a 3.0 jl
taser mini does that for less cost. I just put 37s and used the taser.
Sponsored