Dealer has bad rating but has the Jeep I want

telix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
There are a bunch of local Jeep dealers within driving distance from here.
There is one that has the Jeep I want but has a bad rating with Yelp and BBB
Then there's another one down the road that has a better rating.
Should I go to the one with better rating and have them transfer the Jeep over ,or just do a fresh order there. Or not a problem to just buy the Jeep from where it is if the price is right, and do service at the other place? Are you tied to the original dealership in any way?
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You are NOT tied to the purchase dealer in any way. Sometimes you can get a "good"dealer to do a Dealer Trade for what you want, but might be simpler to buy from one, service at other.
Depends on how bad that one dealer is that has what you want...

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You ate not obligated to do your service at the purchasing dealer. That dealer may give you incentives to use them and a another dealer may give people that purchased through them preferential treatment.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I bought my jeep from my local shitty dealer cuz they had the one I wanted. Dont do it. Go to another dealer and have the jeep swapped into that dealer. That's what I wish I did

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I bought my jeep from my local shitty dealer cuz they had the one I wanted. Dont do it. Go to another dealer and have the jeep swapped into that dealer. That's what I wish I did
I agree. Try to have the Jeep transferred to the dealership where you would like to have your service work performed.

Sponsored

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
I don’t knowingly give my hard earned money to bad people, period. Having the Jeep transferred is an option but more and more dealers are not playing nice, especially if a high volume dealer is involved. Well, that’s the case here in Illinois at least. Good luck, tough decision.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Having the Jeep transferred is an option but more and more dealers are not playing nice, especially if a high volume dealer is involved.
That, and if they are local competitors, that may work against it happening as well. Not to mention, you can pretty much bet that they will not deal anywhere near as much on a vehicle they have to have transferred as opposed to what they already have in inventory.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Most dealerships have bad ratings online. See what they will do on it. If you don't like their offer go elsewhere and have them dealer trade for it.

Last edited:

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Most dealerships have bad ratings online. See what they will do on it. If you don't like their offer go elsewhere and have them dealer trade for it.
Yeah, out here the reviews are usually good for sales and bad for service lol.
Sponsored