Considering Buying the EcoDiesel. Owner Thoughts Wanted

Xjchad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR diesel, 2001 Xj, 1989 Grand Wagoneer
I've had two of the diesels, the first was a 2020 Willys, I put a 2 1/2" Rock Krawler lift and 37s on it and loved it. I put 50k miles on it in a year and a half. It drove great even with the lift and 37's. I was still getting about 22mpg with the big tires and lift.

I decided I wanted a Rubicon, so I sold my WIllys and bought a 2023 JLURD. I picked it up in mid February and have put over 10k miles on it since then. The only mods to it are a stubby bumper, winch, and 392 wheels. I may go to 35's when the stock tires wear out.

Both Jeeps have been great and I am a fan of the diesel. I have also owned a few GMC Duramax trucks, so I am used to the added maintenance of a diesel, but for me, it is worth it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2024 Earl Sport Manual
Occupation
Law Enforcement Administration
Yep I decided to buy a Diesel Wrangler with the help of these positive Diesel Wrangler Owner comments, but the dealer told me yesterday as much as he would love to sell it to me, Jeep still says NO. Seems they could sell to those who are willing to buy now and get the recall handled through service once the fix is decided.

OP
OP
Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is this date correct for when the recall started? 10/20/2022
Jeep Wrangler JL Considering Buying the EcoDiesel. Owner Thoughts Wanted 7862E0B1-F518-4D76-9D35-CEDF4E0A2733

OP
OP
Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah that was for the 2020-21, FCA was playing some book cooking, they acted like the 2022 and newer didn't need a recall all through 2022 early 23. So those of us with 2022/23s got our recall in April 2023.

Jeep Wrangler JL Considering Buying the EcoDiesel. Owner Thoughts Wanted Screenshot 2023-08-29 074739
Well that blows, that means the first recall is over 10 months old with no fix in sight, and the 2nd recall is only 4 1/2 months old. Hate to say it but starting to doubt the fix will be by November like my Jeep Dealer was told.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
The fix is probably in test right now. They have identified components needed to replace the pump and they're testing them to ensure it works. And that's a good thing. They don't want to have to do it again so they need to make sure it works.

They also need to have production ramped up to supply dealers with kits. Especially if they have to make any adapters of any kind. Then they need the training materials so the monkeys at the dealership can do the job.

A recall this big and complex takes time.

Deleted member 59498

Well that blows, that means the first recall is over 10 months old with no fix in sight, and the 2nd recall is only 4 1/2 months old. Hate to say it but starting to doubt the fix will be by November like my Jeep Dealer was told.
Yeah it has been fix creep, first quarter, second quarter, august now 4th quarter.

Maybe they will make the target this time.

OP
OP
Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Some guy on Bring a Trailer is saying the date is 09/25/2023 for the fix, but don’t know where he is getting his information

OP
OP
Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

Jeep Wrangler DaddyO

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone on here with a Diesel experienced any of the wiring getting hot in the EGR area? Saw a couple of YouTube videos about this. Figured I would ask?

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I'm less worried about how good the new Pump is and more worried about the tech who replaces it on mine. I fear they will screw something else up even worse. I will be calling all of the dealers in my area to sort out who has the best diesel techs for this.........and even then I still won't feel good about it.

Sponsored

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
Absolutely love our 2020 JLURD! No DEF issues. No emissions issues. No turbo lag. She flat out pulls like a freight train! She will get 18mpg with cruise set at 70 turning 40’s and 4.88 gears. It’s built pretty heavy so I’m very impressed!

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Has anyone on here with a Diesel experienced any of the wiring getting hot in the EGR area? Saw a couple of YouTube videos about this. Figured I would ask?
How would one tell that without getting in there with a temperature probe?

Anyone can post almost anything on YouTube. They can even look professional if they try. But it's been my experience that more often than not most of the videos out there are pure bovine scatology.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Like most vehicles, if you have issues with it you will become one of the haters. If you don't, you will absolutely love it!!

I myself absolutely love my 3.0. wouldn't trade it in for the world!

Personally if I were you I would take the risk.

I've heard a fair amount of people on here say that the 3.0 engine isn't going to become a collector's item. But people have been asking for diesels in the Wranglers since the TJ's, they finally give it and then cut it off after a handful of years. If that doesn't scream collector's item, I don't know what does.

People said the same thing about that limited run of the Thunderbirds, you don't see any of those on the road, and they are in fact collector's items now.
Sponsored