Compass/Cherokee Seats?

HBKidJr

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I know this will sound crazy, but hear me out.

I desperately want ventilated seats in my Wrangler. I have the factory leather and I'm so tired of having a sweaty back in the humid TN summer heat, that I've considered everything from beaded seat covers to full Katzkins re-skins. I don't want the Jeep to look janky, so I'm pretty against the beads (and ventilated cushions in general), and I have the factory heated seat option and I don't think you can keep that with Katzkins.

So it suddenly popped into my head the other day: "What about ventilated Compass or Cherokee seats?" I'm not sure what the size requirements would be, but if it'd cram in there, this could be a possibility. Should have the same airbag setup. All I'd (theoretically) have to do is figure out which wires run the heat and which run the fans and wire accordingly. I'd also have the benefit of a slightly cushier seat. The power adjustability options would be an issue, but if I can mount to existing hardware, I'd just keep the same manual functionality I already have.

Anybody here have any input or advice? Thanks!
Sponsored

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
I know this will sound crazy, but hear me out.

I desperately want ventilated seats in my Wrangler. I have the factory leather and I'm so tired of having a sweaty back in the humid TN summer heat, that I've considered everything from beaded seat covers to full Katzkins re-skins. I don't want the Jeep to look janky, so I'm pretty against the beads (and ventilated cushions in general), and I have the factory heated seat option and I don't think you can keep that with Katzkins.

So it suddenly popped into my head the other day: "What about ventilated Compass or Cherokee seats?" I'm not sure what the size requirements would be, but if it'd cram in there, this could be a possibility. Should have the same airbag setup. All I'd (theoretically) have to do is figure out which wires run the heat and which run the fans and wire accordingly. I'd also have the benefit of a slightly cushier seat. The power adjustability options would be an issue, but if I can mount to existing hardware, I'd just keep the same manual functionality I already have.

Anybody here have any input or advice? Thanks!
Use Katzkin, you can still keep the factory heating system, just tell them to only install the cooled seat system.