Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone try upgrading the seats? The factory one is not so great for extended driving.
Sponsored

pakzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I talked to PRP Seats before about this (used to their seats in a JK). They basically told me that its a lot harder to install aftermarket seats into the JL's.

In the JK's all you had to do was keep the wiring harness underneath your stock seat. All you had to do was reconnect the seat belt plug, and then use a resister to "trick" the passenger air bag sensor to think that someone is always sitting in the seat.

With the JL's, the Side impact airbag is now located in the shoulder of both front seats. So if you remove the stock seat, you lose that airbag... and your dash will light up like a Christmas tree. Also the wiring harness underneath the seat is now molded into the foam of the seat. So to remove it and fake the sensor and seat belt connector.. you would have to take a knife and dig it out. Because of that (and the liability issues with removing an airbag), PRP said they weren't going to make an adapter mount for their seats for the JL's.

If you really wanted them I'm sure you could still do them. I've seen a set of Enduro Elites in the Rebel Off-Road JL.
But you'll have to figure out some of those issues and mounting.