Coil spring differences

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
On the JK, we learned that there were several different coil springs used depending upon the equipment your Jeep was built with. Each spring had a unique part number. For example, a loaded Sport with hard top and all the options would get a coil spring to accommodate the extra weight, so a guy with a base model and soft top could swap those coils onto his Jeep and net a small lift. Sometimes the lift would amount to a full inch or more.

What this did is it really opened up the market for take-off coils. Instead of only the Rubicon coils being sought after, there were guys who would even search for take-offs from Sports and Saharas too.

Has anybody taken notice yet of the part numbers on your coils to see if they're still using many different ones? Here's mine from the driver side front. I need to check the rears too. I have a Sport S with Technology package, Hard top, and auto. trans. My guess is that my coils are probably one of the taller ones used. Let's see what you guys have!

20180420_160718[1].jpg
Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
On the JK, we learned that there were several different coil springs used depending upon the equipment your Jeep was built with. Each spring had a unique part number. For example, a loaded Sport with hard top and all the options would get a coil spring to accommodate the extra weight, so a guy with a base model and soft top could swap those coils onto his Jeep and net a small lift. Sometimes the lift would amount to a full inch or more.

What this did is it really opened up the market for take-off coils. Instead of only the Rubicon coils being sought after, there were guys who would even search for take-offs from Sports and Saharas too.

Has anybody taken notice yet of the part numbers on your coils to see if they're still using many different ones? Here's mine from the driver side front. I need to check the rears too. I have a Sport S with Technology package, Hard top, and auto. trans. My guess is that my coils are probably one of the taller ones used. Let's see what you guys have!

20180420_160718[1].jpg
We'll call those 57's....

Ironman97459

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon, 2017 f350, 2016 Z06, 2016 escalade 1989 M923a2
Occupation
Driver
Yep someone has already posted most the part numbers for the various springs on another post.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep someone has already posted most the part numbers for the various springs on another post.
I searched before making this thread and couldn't find a post about it. Do you have a link?

Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
mine are 95's super tough