Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,

Last weekend we were on a fairly easy trail (Webster Pass) when I started getting multiple warning lights. These included ABS, Serv 4WD, 4WD Unavailable, Stability Control Unavailable, and Traction Control unavailable. We got back home without issue and I started looking under my Jeep. There I found a broken wire near the front passenger side of the axle. I think this is to an ABS sensor and this cascades to all the other issues. I think, while flexing, the Jeep pulled the ware from the Molex connector.

So basically I'm looking for this connector so I can fix it myself. I think the one linked below is it but it doesn't have the exact part number. http://cycleterminal.com/molex-mx150.html.

It's an MX150 type connector, part number 34062-0047. There are also some other numbers on the connector (19351). I'm very confident I can repair this myself if I can get the part. The sooner the better as I'm wanting to hit up Holy Cross this weekend. Can anyone confirm this is the right Molex or point me in the right direction on it? Many Thanks in advance.

51395124616_5d900d8766_b.jpg

51395386023_f83c2b1c42_b.jpg

51395854379_007e3dc71c_b.jpg
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Any chance it's the wheel speed sensor? Looks like it comes in a "kit" from the sensor to the first connector. P/N 68394210AD (~$40 online)

No. 18 here:
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken wiring harness 1629737808746

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like that cable, (part 18) has the male end of the connector. I need the female connector.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
WOOHOO! I lucked out! I went to Pollard Jeep in Boulder and they had EXACTLY what I needed. Bonus that it came with about a foot of wire that is already crimped to the pins. I just need to assemble everything.

51398017196_ab200fa4ce_b.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Repairs went as expected. All of the warning lights went away, EXCEPT the check engine light. I suspect I just need to clear the code but I don't have an FCA Security Gateway adapter to do that yet.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Repairs went as expected. All of the warning lights went away, EXCEPT the check engine light. I suspect I just need to clear the code but I don't have an FCA Security Gateway adapter to do that yet.
@Sgt Beavis

IF you are looking for an inexpensive ($24.99), Security Gateway Bypass to use in conjunction with your OBDll Scan Tool (so you can clear codes, etc.) here is one...

I have used this one and it works well / does the deed when used with a JL/JT.
First time I used was months ago and never an issue using it.

https://www.amazon.com/ECRI-Securit...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CQ0VC65CQYB7R3MT9S9H

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken wiring harness 81LjbF-2GQL._AC_SX679_

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
Hi -- I have the exact same issue and need to order this splice pack. Do you know the Mopar p/n? I tried different numbers from your picture and it does not come up. Any pictures of your splice work afterwards? My issue if the front right sensor.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hi -- I have the exact same issue and need to order this splice pack. Do you know the Mopar p/n? I tried different numbers from your picture and it does not come up. Any pictures of your splice work afterwards? My issue if the front right sensor.
05183448aa

Dyl1995

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep JL sport 2 door
Hello Everyone,

Last weekend we were on a fairly easy trail (Webster Pass) when I started getting multiple warning lights. These included ABS, Serv 4WD, 4WD Unavailable, Stability Control Unavailable, and Traction Control unavailable. We got back home without issue and I started looking under my Jeep. There I found a broken wire near the front passenger side of the axle. I think this is to an ABS sensor and this cascades to all the other issues. I think, while flexing, the Jeep pulled the ware from the Molex connector.

So basically I'm looking for this connector so I can fix it myself. I think the one linked below is it but it doesn't have the exact part number. http://cycleterminal.com/molex-mx150.html.

It's an MX150 type connector, part number 34062-0047. There are also some other numbers on the connector (19351). I'm very confident I can repair this myself if I can get the part. The sooner the better as I'm wanting to hit up Holy Cross this weekend. Can anyone confirm this is the right Molex or point me in the right direction on it? Many Thanks in advance.

hey thanks for the post. i recently had the same problem and i just jump the wire that rubbed through. tho having the real part number helps incase it brakes again.

though the reason I'm writing now it because i was lucky and the brake i had was right before the the connecter and i didn't have to remove the gas tank. but i am wondering if you had to remove you gas tank to replace yours, and if so how did the process go.
I've tried finding some good info on tank removal but haven't found any info on the process

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
hey thanks for the post. i recently had the same problem and i just jump the wire that rubbed through. tho having the real part number helps incase it brakes again.

though the reason I'm writing now it because i was lucky and the brake i had was right before the the connecter and i didn't have to remove the gas tank. but i am wondering if you had to remove you gas tank to replace yours, and if so how did the process go.
I've tried finding some good info on tank removal but haven't found any info on the process
If you want a good laugh, you can watch the video of me fixing it.
Sponsored