Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I will be heading out to Boulder to drop my daughter off for college at the end of August. We will be there a little over a week.
I am going to drive the jeep out and since there are so many trails in the area thought maybe someone might show me around or give me the must hit trails while I am there.
Keeping in mind I have to drive this thing back to Missouri.
Sponsored

Slopeside

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Switzerland Trail will be the closest and is easy but is well liked. For more challenging trails consider T-33 Plane Crash or Coney Flats/Middle St. Vrain. For something more unique to Colorado maybe think about driving up to Nederland then taking Kingston Peak so you go above treeline. Go Buffs.

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D Rubicon, 2018 JKU Rubicon
I just did 7-mile trail up by Red Feather lakes and it was enjoyable...first part was a little bit rocky but very doable in stock form...

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Red Cone is reasonably close. I’ll be in the Feather Lakes this weekend it I’d show ya around. Have fun!

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I just did 7-mile trail up by Red Feather lakes and it was enjoyable...first part was a little bit rocky but very doable in stock form...
Ah nice, I lived in The Fort for my first 22 years of life. Good times!

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I will be heading out to Boulder to drop my daughter off for college at the end of August. We will be there a little over a week.
I am going to drive the jeep out and since there are so many trails in the area thought maybe someone might show me around or give me the must hit trails while I am there.
Keeping in mind I have to drive this thing back to Missouri.
Not sure if you are up for an "only" road trip?
If you take one day and drive up to Estes Park, it is a quaint little town which you can get to easily from Boulder. It has National Park access with a nice drive up to a Alpine glacier area. I have seen several Elk and Big Horn Sheep herds in that park everytime I went through. The town also dones the famous Stanley Hotel, which is from the Shining. Don't forget to stop at the Taffy Shop for the best taffy of your life, no joke!

OP
OP
Kev84

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you are up for an "only" road trip?
If you take one day and drive up to Estes Park, it is a quaint little town which you can get to easily from Boulder. It has National Park access with a nice drive up to a Alpine glacier area. I have seen several Elk and Big Horn Sheep herds in that park everytime I went through. The town also dones the famous Stanley Hotel, which is from the Shining. Don't forget to stop at the Taffy Shop for the best taffy of your life, no joke!
Yes a day is planned out for this. Thanks

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Yes a day is planned out for this. Thanks
If you plan to actually go into Rocky Mountain National Park you have to first go to recreation.gov and sign up for an entry time. Due to covid, they are only letting a set number of vehicles in per day.

They do allow entry without a reservation but only at night between 5:00pm to 6:00am. Any other time requires a pre-reserved time slot.

Good luck.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
T-33 and Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats are both right there as was mentioned. Both are squarely moderate and can be done with a stock JLU Rubicon, but have some fun but
doable spots. Did both of them with my JLUR
before putting on my lift,etc.

I will be at Holy Cross on the 29th. It’s a 2.5 hr drive from Boulder but anyone is welcome to join.

Maybe post up what dates you are coming. I could throw it out to a few members here that don’t jump on the forum all that frequently.

OP
OP
Kev84

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I will be out there 8/15-8/22.
I found a good map and gpx file downloads now. So I think I am ready but I have to drive my jeep 13hrs back home so trying to stay on the moderate side of trails. I don't want to break anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kev84

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
T-33 and Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats are both right there as was mentioned. Both are squarely moderate and can be done with a stock JLU Rubicon, but have some fun but
doable spots. Did both of them with my JLUR
before putting on my lift,etc.

I will be at Holy Cross on the 29th. It’s a 2.5 hr drive from Boulder but anyone is welcome to join.

Maybe post up what dates you are coming. I could throw it out to a few members here that don’t jump on the forum all that frequently.
I was thinking about trying to run over to Holy Cross but reading about that trail has me thinking that it might be more difficult than I want. If my goal is to no break something so I can get home to Missouri

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about trying to run over to Holy Cross but reading about that trail has me thinking that it might be more difficult than I want. If my goal is to no break something so I can get home to Missouri
That’s the smart play for sure. T-33 and Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats are a lot of fun. MSV/CF has some water crossings that are fun too

OP
OP
Kev84

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Will Kingston Peak trail be closed because of the fire?
Sponsored