Best Set Up for Pets

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Escalade 2018 JLU Rubicon
Hello guys, First off thank you for all the helpful info and advice! You guys are a tremendous resource! My Wife has wanted a Wrangler for a while now and we are very close to purchasing a new Rubicon. We want to be prepared for our dogs and chicken though. We have 2 German Shepherds, 90 lb male, 80 lb female. I originally planned to remove rear seat and give them the whole back, my wife wants to consider the harness/seatbelt option on back seat. Any comments would be really appreciated, pics too. Our chicken (Black Canary) only weighs 2.4 lbs so she's easy to fit! Again, Thanks a Million for all the help!

Mike
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hello guys, First off thank you for all the helpful info and advice! You guys are a tremendous resource! My Wife has wanted a Wrangler for a while now and we are very close to purchasing a new Rubicon. We want to be prepared for our dogs and chicken though. We have 2 German Shepherds, 90 lb male, 80 lb female. I originally planned to remove rear seat and give them the whole back, my wife wants to consider the harness/seatbelt option on back seat. Any comments would be really appreciated, pics too. Our chicken (Black Canary) only weighs 2.4 lbs so she's easy to fit! Again, Thanks a Million for all the help!

Mike
Mike: I'm biased https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-wrangler-bar-kery.11285/#post-275507 . But it's not just about using my ideas, but keeping the animals safe.

Happy trails.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
After a post like this, I need pictures of you in your Jeep with your chicken. When you get it of course.

Gogged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a full cargo/back of rear seat/side covers from canvasback.com and full net system from dirtydawg4x4. All of it works great to protect from dog hair and her spastic self from jumping out.

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I have a full cargo/back of rear seat/side covers from canvasback.com and full net system from dirtydawg4x4. All of it works great to protect from dog hair and her spastic self from jumping out.
Do you (or anyone) have any experience with the Canvasback cover and doors/side or just sides off? If I get one, will it be another step everytime I take them off? Do they flap around a lot? Anyone have any experience with other liners?

(Before anyone freaks, no the dogs are not allowed to ride in the Jeep without doors or sides. But they go off and on almost every week and I'd like to not have to mess with the liner if I don't have to.)

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Thank you RussJeep 1, thanks JeepX3. Still have some studying to do. Here is BC driving with me!

1580A1E9-2849-4880-B3FD-2B7EB17921C2.jpeg
This is amazing. Showing my 6 year old in the morning.

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is amazing. Showing my 6 year old in the morning.
She’s a doll, I will post a video clip if I can figure it out. Your little girl will love it!

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot, gonna look later. My boy is very well behaved, my girl, well.....spastic would be a kind way to put it!
Thanks again

Gogged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you (or anyone) have any experience with the Canvasback cover and doors/side or just sides off? If I get one, will it be another step everytime I take them off? Do they flap around a lot? Anyone have any experience with other liners?

(Before anyone freaks, no the dogs are not allowed to ride in the Jeep without doors or sides. But they go off and on almost every week and I'd like to not have to mess with the liner if I don't have to.)
The canvasback just covers the floor and side panels from mud/hair etc, not the doors or windows. The Dirtydawg net covers the rear side windows and back windows w the windows out and/or top down. Its great, lets the air in and she cant jump out.

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
The canvasback just covers the floor and side panels from mud/hair etc, not the doors or windows. The Dirtydawg net covers the rear side windows and back windows w the windows out and/or top down. Its great, lets the air in and she cant jump out.
Does the canvasback stay down with the doors/sides off? Or does it flap out?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
OP, no need to take the seats out. I've got a Rottweiler (roughly 120 lbs), a PItbull (roughly 60 lbs) and a Blue Heeler mix (roughly 40 lbs). While they don't always ride together, they've done it more than once. I just fold the seats down and clip their harnesses into the floor (use the Trail Rail System, or D-Rings, either will work). I used some paracord to braid a few tethers for them, which allow them to move around, but not long enough to be at risk of sticking their heads or bodies out the windows. FWIW, I always have the top and doors on when I've got the dogs with me.

Granni44

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
We use Canvas Back Side protectors(They stay in place so far) and Seat Covers(forget the manufacturer, can check when i get home) for the rear seats. The floor has a weather tech floor mat. Waiting for Dirty Dog to come out with a cargo net which works with the back seats up. Then we will use that and the side cargo nets. For the dogs, each of them wears a harness and their harnesses are then carabiner clipped to the floor mounts. We do not let the dogs in the back seat, they strictly ride cargo. so far so good, hair comes up easy and the drool hasn't overtaken the vehicle.... YET.. Dogs, we have a 90lb. Rescue Pit and a 65lb. Rescue Sheppard/Huskie mix.

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We use Canvas Back Side protectors(They stay in place so far) and Seat Covers(forget the manufacturer, can check when i get home) for the rear seats. The floor has a weather tech floor mat. Waiting for Dirty Dog to come out with a cargo net which works with the back seats up. Then we will use that and the side cargo nets. For the dogs, each of them wears a harness and their harnesses are then carabiner clipped to the floor mounts. We do not let the dogs in the back seat, they strictly ride cargo. so far so good, hair comes up easy and the drool hasn't overtaken the vehicle.... YET.. Dogs, we have a 90lb. Rescue Pit and a 65lb. Rescue Sheppard/Huskie mix.
Thanks Granni44, sounds like my guys will be perfectly fine back there.
Sponsored