Availability of the engine

Alan A

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
When will the 2.0 engine come out? It seems that we don’t have the price just out yet. There is no mention of it on the Jeep website.
Sponsored

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
Soon as the Hurricane option code is added to the order guide my 2-door order will be placed - thinking mid-February(?)...

badtux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
The fuel economy for it hasn't yet been posted to fueleconomy.gov, so it'll be March delivery at the earliest.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I'm curious as to the price. Early(ish) speculation by the site admin and dealer guy was that the the pricing structure would be: 3.6L w/MT< 2.0L w/AT< 3.6L w/AT.

Since we know that the 3.6L w/AT is a price increase of $2,000, what will the 2.0L w/AT cost? Will the initial price speculation come to fruition? I'd really like to know!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alan A

Alan A

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
I'm curious as to the price. Early(ish) speculation by the site admin and dealer guy was that the the pricing structure would be: 3.6L w/MT< 2.0L w/AT< 3.6L w/AT.

Since we know that the 3.6L w/AT is a price increase of $2,000, what will the 2.0L w/AT cost? Will the initial price speculation come to fruition? I'd really like to know!
I thought the 2.0 would be the most expensive engine choice.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
That will be the 3.0L turbo diesel
I'm guessing it will actually be the PHEV, as long as we are talking about yet to be released powertrain options.

kneedeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
IF the 2.0L turbo requires "premium" fuel and will cost more than the "refined" 3.6L, it will have to have some significant fuel economy savings for me to justify it. I look forward to those who do pick the option and eventually offer their reviews.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
IF the 2.0L turbo requires "premium" fuel and will cost more than the "refined" 3.6L, it will have to have some significant fuel economy savings for me to justify it. I look forward to those who do pick the option and eventually offer their reviews.
it does not require premium. It clearly states that regular is ok.

Sponsored

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
Some info shows that the 2.0L is cheaper. Surprised there is not more concrete information yet about MPG, release and cost.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
If it is the case that the V-6 is getting BSG later this year, then it's hard to see how the turbo could command a higher price unless (a) it gets significantly higher mileage; (b) the price for the V-6 with BSG with go up; or (c) I'm missing something. Many reviewers couldn't even distinguish the engines during road tests.

I would have speculated that, down the road, the V-6, as is, would be reserved for the manual, and the turbo would take over the A/T market, but obviously that is not what's going to happen.

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
it does not require premium. It clearly states that regular is ok.
Where did you find the info where it states premium isn't needed? I have yet to find a definitive answer on this from Jeep. Thanks.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Where did you find the info where it states premium isn't needed? I have yet to find a definitive answer on this from Jeep. Thanks.
I the Owner’s Manual.

But a lot of it depends on your idea of Required vs Recommended and what is ‘satisfactory’;

418DE9F9-044B-41C1-8AF6-EB689B5EDA0A.jpeg

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Perfect! Thanks for posting that Grape Ape.
Sponsored