Auxiliary Switch Bank Option

JerseyJeepGirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
When I purchased my new 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL I never gave any thought to the auxiliary switch bank option. Being new to the Jeep world never realized lights and other stuff I may opt to hookup down the road. I just purchased the Rough Country LED hood mounted light bar for starters. I'm sure I'll be buy other stuff in the years ahead that will need to be wired up as well.

I just purchased the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank that would have otherwise been factory installed. Looks a bit complicated so I will have the dealer install it for me. Apparently the Auxilarly Switch Bank needs to be re-flashed to Uconnect once the install is complete. Does that mean I can control thinks connected to my switch bank via Uconnect?

Apparently each auxiliary switch can be set to only have the auxiliary item on while the jeep ignition is on and vice versa and you can also set the switches as a momentary switch and the auxiliary light being powered only goes on when the button is pushed and held.

Can anyone shed some light on the auxiliary switch bank option? Having the option just seems to make sense with all of the gadgets I'll likely hook up in the years to come.

Thanks,

Michelle
Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I also screwed up and did not get the tow package. I had the dealer install my switches before I picked up the car. Total cost was $440 with switches. Well worth it. I am having cubes and bars installed this week, both connected to aux switches.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
When I purchased my new 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL I never gave any thought to the auxiliary switch bank option. Being new to the Jeep world never realized lights and other stuff I may opt to hookup down the road. I just purchased the Rough Country LED hood mounted light bar for starters. I'm sure I'll be buy other stuff in the years ahead that will need to be wired up as well.

I just purchased the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank that would have otherwise been factory installed. Looks a bit complicated so I will have the dealer install it for me. Apparently the Auxilarly Switch Bank needs to be re-flashed to Uconnect once the install is complete. Does that mean I can control thinks connected to my switch bank via Uconnect?

Apparently each auxiliary switch can be set to only have the auxiliary item on while the jeep ignition is on and vice versa and you can also set the switches as a momentary switch and the auxiliary light being powered only goes on when the button is pushed and held.

Can anyone shed some light on the auxiliary switch bank option? Having the option just seems to make sense with all of the gadgets I'll likely hook up in the years to come.

Thanks,

Michelle
There’s several YouTube videos about the switches. They might help you. I’m pretty smartphone illiterate and not sure how to link them, but they shouldn’t be hard to find. Good luck :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
JerseyJeepGirl

JerseyJeepGirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also screwed up and did not get the tow package. I had the dealer install my switches before I picked up the car. Total cost was $440 with switches. Well worth it. I am having cubes and bars installed this week, both connected to aux switches.
Thanks so much for providing the install cost. I already purchased the switch bank so I'm thinking I'll be in the $200 range for the dealer to install.

Michelle

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks so much for providing the install cost. I already purchased the switch bank so I'm thinking I'll be in the $200 range for the dealer to install.

Michelle
Most likely around $250 with the flashing of switches. They did a very clean job.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JerseyJeepGirl

JerseyJeepGirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most likely around $250 with the flashing of switches. They did a very clean job.
Thanks so much LouNYC. Really think it's worth while having the auxiliary switch bank installed instead of miscellaneous switches here and there!

Michelle

SLAM317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Quick question for those who have the aux switches installed at the factory. The owners manual says that the option comes with a kit of connectors and heat shrink. I have not seen the kit, and have asked the dealership to look into it. They say that the “kit” is just the pre-installed wiring and the wrapped wire ends. I have told them that does not have any connectors, and doesn’t sound like much of a kit. Has anyone actually gotten a kit with the tow package, and if so, could you post a picture so I can show what it looks like to the dealer? Thanks

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Quick question for those who have the aux switches installed at the factory. The owners manual says that the option comes with a kit of connectors and heat shrink. I have not seen the kit, and have asked the dealership to look into it. They say that the “kit” is just the pre-installed wiring and the wrapped wire ends. I have told them that does not have any connectors, and doesn’t sound like much of a kit. Has anyone actually gotten a kit with the tow package, and if so, could you post a picture so I can show what it looks like to the dealer? Thanks
@SLAM317

The "kit" as you call it is absolutely laughable. Here is a pic of it. It's probably worth all of $.25 and not necessary at all. Again, laughable at best.. Don't bother chasing around after it.

Pic has a Mopar, wheel lock key in it also. That is not part of the kit.

6B0C8DA2-9494-4660-B10F-C20715A52845.jpeg

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

Thanks,

Michelle
I was wondering the same thing. Does your sport have the upgraded UConnect 4 or just the base UConnect 3 radio?

If I purchase a Sport with tow package, can I change the aux switch behavior in UConnect 3 or is that only available with UConnect 4 and 4C?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
If you order the "HD TOW PKG/W HD ELECTRICAL GROUP--the AUX SWITCHS will be controllable on ANY DASH DISPLAY you get-

It's pretty easy/simple to "SET" the switch ops !

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

SLAM317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
@SLAM317

The "kit" as you call it is absolutely laughable. Here is a pic of it. It's probably worth all of $.25 and not necessary at all. Again, laughable at best.. Don't bother chasing around after it.

Pic has a Mopar, wheel lock key in it also. That is not part of the kit.

6B0C8DA2-9494-4660-B10F-C20715A52845.jpeg
Thanks!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
That kit is just a GESTURE BY FCA to show NEIGHBORLY FRIENDSHIP--

You can use the "HEATSHRINK TUBING"-

Ain't jeepin fun ?

W.E.

JIMBO

MPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Here is a video on how to hook up items to the auxiliary ports:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
If you order the "HD TOW PKG/W HD ELECTRICAL GROUP--the AUX SWITCHS will be controllable on ANY DASH DISPLAY you get-

It's pretty easy/simple to "SET" the switch ops !

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO
Thanks. The reason I asked is because the owners manual only mentions the aux switch programming under the UConnect 4/4C section. No mention of the aux switches under the UConnect 3 section so wasn’t sure if they can be programmed with the base UConnect 3 stereo.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, I've got--UCONNECT 4/W 7 INCH DISPLAY and that may be mandatory/w the HD tow PKG-

Good luck

jimbo
Sponsored