Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
This may be a bit of a silly question... but...

One thing I've wondered about, but not seen specifically addressed, is the availability of auto diesel pumps in general -- especially along interstates. I had always assumed that going on a long road trip with a JLURD would be event free as there are truck stops everywhere, but I didn't know that those pumps are actually high-flow and a different size. Is this a real concern, or is it not a problem in practice? If it is an issue, is there a general way to address? Fuel cans for transfer in a pinch?

I see that it came with a funnel. Is that intended to be used to fill from one of the rig pumps if needed? I can't imagine that would be a very clean process and I can't imagine that the line behind me would be overly happy waiting while I transfer fuel in 5 gallons increments.

So.. is that really a concern?
You’re certainly overthinking it. Given the range of your EcoDiesel and the availability of diesel at the auto pumps, you’ll have no worries.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mcjeff

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You’re certainly overthinking it. Given the range of your EcoDiesel and the availability of diesel at the auto pumps, you’ll have no worries.
My wife said the same thing. Stop over thinking it! =)