Anza Borrego

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Headed out to Anza Borrego weekend for the first time. Been researching for a trip with the family. Just Fish Creek and Sandstone Canyon to check out some sites. Considering a solo trip due to some scheduling issues. Got a shovel and recovery tracks. Think it'll be aight going solo? Recommendations? Just worried about deep sand.

#1 rule never go solo. I know.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Headed out to Anza Borrego weekend for the first time. Been researching for a trip with the family. Just Fish Creek and Sandstone Canyon to check out some sites. Considering a solo trip due to some scheduling issues. Got a shovel and recovery tracks. Think it'll be aight going solo? Recommendations? Just worried about deep sand.

#1 rule never go solo. I know. Bullsh!t!
I don't subscribe to that never go solo garbage. However, with limited recovery gear are you willing to pay the amount needed for a professional recovery if you get it stuck and can't get out yourself and nobody else is around to help? Are you equipped and able to walk out for help if necessary? What about your family? Will they stay behind with the vehicle? Do they have the skills and supplies to survive if you get lost for a couple of days? I highly doubt you will end up in a "worst case scenario" but there are things to consider and have a "what if" plan for.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

ive done this trip a ton of times. just make sure you have a shovel and a air compressor air down to around 18psi and you'll be fine. Ive been a dozen or so times with out any issues in those areas even gone up and down the diablo drop off on the way to sand stone canyon. Even if your alone there is always a few groups in the area that will help you get out. have a safe trip and enjoy it!

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
ive done this trip a ton of times. just make sure you have a shovel and a air compressor air down to around 18psi and you'll be fine. Ive been a dozen or so times with out any issues in those areas even gone up and down the diablo drop off on the way to sand stone canyon. Even if your alone there is always a few groups in the area that will help you get out. have a safe trip and enjoy it!
if you go day time there’s so many people out you’d probably only have to wait a minute or so before another vehicle comes up on you. Those trails are fun and super simple.

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
I'll be out there in a few weeks. Been a few years since I last went, but that time just went to the wind caves and back out. Will go explore some more this time. Anyone suggest a specific route?

OP
OP
KrisEdward

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Thanks for the advice. Trip was awesome and family loved it.
Sponsored