Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Would one of these provide enough light to augment the factory backup lights? I’ve got a sweet spot on my rear bumper I could safely attach one pointing it straight back instead of down. Thinking about doing an eight pack. Six under, one in engine bay and one in the rear that I would tap off my backup lamps.
I don't think it'd be a great option to light up the area behind you to back up by. I will say that I can see the little bit of extra light in my reverse camera from the two I have under my rear bumper near my trailer hitch. I have the Oracle bumper lights which provide a good amount of backup light in the spot where the reflectors were.
Sponsored

OJrubicon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I don't think it'd be a great option to light up the area behind you to back up by. I will say that I can see the little bit of extra light in my reverse camera from the two I have under my rear bumper near my trailer hitch. I have the Oracle bumper lights which provide a good amount of backup light in the spot where the reflectors were.
I have been curious about those Oracle reverse lights. Surely they are better than stock? 🫤

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Would one of these provide enough light to augment the factory backup lights? I’ve got a sweet spot on my rear bumper I could safely attach one pointing it straight back instead of down. Thinking about doing an eight pack. Six under, one in engine bay and one in the rear that I would tap off my backup lamps.
Having the similar idea. I was planning to use two lights at the hitch receiver to help light up when I back up. And I think they’ll help. This backup assistance is only needed in low light conditions and we can control it. It’s better than replacing the factory reverse lights IMO. I’m just debating if go with the RGB but I don’t like the idea of using a phone app.

Sponsored

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
I’m just debating if go with the RGB but I don’t like the idea of using a phone app.
I also purchased the RGB lux lights. You can use the app to set the color and they will remember what they were set to last, or you can hardwire them to a more limited color selection.

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I also purchased the RGB lux lights. You can use the app to set the color and they will remember what they were set to last, or you can hardwire them to a more limited color selection.
Great to know. Thanks! Remembering the previous color setting is great.

Quick question, did you choose the single zone Bluetooth in order to get their controller box to connect to the Jeep AuX wire? I’m a bit confused, for the white only lights, they offer pro-installer for Aux switches. The RGB set only says Single Zone Bluetooth.

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Quick question, did you choose the single zone Bluetooth in order to get their controller box to connect to the Jeep AuX wire? I’m a bit confused, for the white only lights, they offer pro-installer for Aux switches. The RGB set only says Single Zone Bluetooth.

I ordered the below with the Single Zone Bluetooth option, which allows the app control, and yes, I used it to connect to my aux switches.

https://luxlightingsystems.com/coll...-piece-ground-coverage?variant=30259947438132

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the RGB's and 3-zone controller on my JLUR. 2 on each side, 2 front, 2 rear, and 1 in each wheelwell.

I only have pics taken while parked on the grass, which absorbs light compared to dirt and gravel, so it looks dimmer than it really is.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 20220924_232649
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 20220924_232628
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 20220924_232901
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 20220924_232928
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 20220924_232735

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the RGB's and 3-zone controller on my JLUR. 2 on each side, 2 front, 2 rear, and 1 in each wheelwell.

I only have pics taken while parked on the grass, which absorbs light compared to dirt and gravel, so it looks dimmer than it really is.

Looks good, do you have pics of your mounting locations?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, do you have pics of your mounting locations?
Thanks, buddy!

No, I don't have any close up pics. I can take some, if you like?

My main objective was to position them in the most protected spots from sliding across or coming down on rocks or whatnot. Maximum ground coverage was as close of a 2nd priority as I could get, without compromising the main objective. Also, I find it to look cheesy when the lights themselves can be seen when walking around the Jeep.
Sponsored