DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My brother and I and maybe a couple others, are heading to Moab during EJS week, God willing. We are renting condo south of town. Not sure if we're going to run any trails with the Red Rock club, or run them on our own, but we're heading west, damn the torpedoes!

Anyone else making the trek? Our group is looking right now like my JLUR, my brothers JTR, a JKR and a friend with a JLUR, all with 35s. We're not planning on breaking them, but we'll still put them through their paces, for sure!

We're definitely doing Hell's Revenge and Fins N Things, and maybe Elephant Hill. Also thinking of a scenic day on the White Rim/Shaeffer Rd/Potash Rd. Switchbacks. There may be a couple other places we go on the recommendation of a forum friend that are off the EJS beaten path.

We are leaving the west side of Indy at 4:30 on the 26th (I can't get out of work any earlier) and will stop around KC. We'll then either go all the way in to Moab on Saturday night or go to Montrose, CO and do the Rimrocker into Moab on Sunday. We're turning back east for the trip home on Friday, April 2 and will be in our beds Saturday night, April 3.

Anyone heading out there from the Great Lakes region, give us a shout if you might want to caravan or say hey when we're in Moab!

If you are thinking of going, right now would be a good time to book lodging. They announced EJS was cancelled on Wednesday and then yesterday backed off of that, so some cancellations have certainly occurred and lodging should be available. I think some will fear cancellation again and don't want to deal with on/off/on/off. Just my hunch.
Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
If you are thinking of going, right now would be a good time to book lodging. They announced EJS was cancelled on Wednesday and then yesterday backed off of that, so some cancellations have certainly occurred and lodging should be available. I think some will fear cancellation again and don't want to deal with on/off/on/off. Just my hunch.
Lodging prices are certainly going up. I was looking last week and then yesterday and several places had gone up $30+ per night. Most places seem to be pretty flexible with cancellations due to the 'rona so if something happens and you can't go, it shouldnt cost you much (if anything) to cancel later.

I booked at the Moab Valley Inn. Not sure if we're going to do the group runs or just do our own thing.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I'll be there. Have a friend and his family from CLE flying into vegas and do a road trip from there to SLC and flying out of SLC so he'll be stopping for a couple of days in Moab to wheel with a rental.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link