Sponsored

Any luck?

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Has anyone had any luck selling wheels from a Sport S or did you just take them to a scrap metal yard for recycling?
TIA
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Has anyone had any luck selling wheels from a Sport S or did you just take them to a scrap metal yard for recycling?
TIA
They sell on this site now & then, if it's just the wheels I doubt you'll get much interest but if they have tires in newer condition the set should be able to be sold in the $350 range, and if they include the TPMS sensors add $100. Luckily my Sport tires will fit my 4Runner wheels so they'll be going over there when my current 4Runner tires are done. You might have a similar situation where another vehicle that you have could use the 245/75/17s (or a friend that you owe :) )

OP
OP

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
They sell on this site now & then, if it's just the wheels I doubt you'll get much interest but if they have tires in newer condition the set should be able to be sold in the $350 range, and if they include the TPMS sensors add $100. Luckily my Sport tires will fit my 4Runner wheels so they'll be going over there when my current 4Runner tires are done. You might have a similar situation where another vehicle that you have could use the 245/75/17s (or a friend that you owe :) )
Thank you for the response. It is just the wheels so I guess they will just become some Karbach Love Street beer cans.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
isnt the load range different from the jl to the 4runner.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
when my daughter ordered her '21 sport s, I made a deal with the dealership that they would keep the stock tires and rims and they'd supply us with (5) of the goodrich ko2's in the 285/rubi size...I'd already purchased the method 309 wheels & sensors.
just looking through parts yesterday & it seems that in addition to the trade, they also returned 4 of the stock sensors & rubber valve stems, though only 3 of the valve stem inserts were returned (?)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
isnt the load range different from the jl to the 4runner.
The 03 is pretty small vs the current ones, I think it weighs around 4000lbs, I don't use it for any towing and nothing extra on it to weigh it down. The stock Michelins should work fine for what we use it for :)
Sponsored