Sponsored

Antenna in DFW

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Liberty KK, Cherokee XJ
This is a pretty specific question, but anyone live in the DFW area, replaced their JL antenna and listen to the Ticket?
I ask because I live and work in the Plano, McKinney, Allen, Frisco area and pretty much just listen to the Ticket. Any listeners know, the reception can be finicky. I want to get a new antenna, but have heard mixed results with the Antenna X. Wondering if anyone has replaced theirs and gets good reception of the Ticket?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@FuriousEwok

Replacing the antenna is very easy. DO buy your antenna at amazon.com and do chose a vendor that fits this description..."ships and sold by Amazon" or "sold by Antennax and fulfilled by amazon". Hopefully you are a Prime member and have free shipping. Do this and you can easily return an antenna that does not perform as you wish and then you can try another.

Regardless of the antenna you buy you will probably take some Am?FM signal degradation. Of course, Xm is not affected.

Many forum member's have had very good success... little perceptible signal loss, with the 24", again 24", AntennaX CB Replacement AM FM Antenna found here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EA2DMJK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

gggg.jpg

OP
OP
FuriousEwok

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, thanks. That is the one I have been looking at. Reading up on it, there seems to be mixed reviews, so I was hoping to find someone locally that might have had good luck on it and report back. It's not expensive, so i will probably just give it a try.

D-Rex

First Name
Dwane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I live in McKinney at the Virginia and Hardin area, kind of down in a low area. I just saw this thread and decided to pull the trigger on the 24" antenna. It's supposed to be here Sunday, so I should know fairly quick if it works OK.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@D-Rex
@FuriousEwok

Well, since 2013, I have had an AntennaX, 24" CB style antenna on a few JK's and now the JL. I drive / travel all over the Continental USA, and can tell you the antenna has performed well, (pretty much as the stock antenna) even in the middle of nowhere... I'm quite confident you will like the antenna.

I might add that this antenna lets say weathers well. I have one on a 2014 JK (purchased in 2013) that has been all over the place and today still looks like new. No fading, peeling, etc..

Sponsored

D-Rex

First Name
Dwane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
@FuriousEwok Well, after driving around for a couple of days listening to The Ticket, I can say the antenna does pretty good. I had some flaky signal issues at Angel Parkway and Bethany and some more on Eldorado Parkway west of 75, down in the low area. I could always hear the broadcast, but there was some “flutter”. I’ll keep it since I’m used to a crappy Ticket signal anyways

Also, I saw your other post. I just got a JTopsUSA top. Works good, but there is one latch that’s covered unless I’m missing something, but you can work it through the mesh. If you want to see in person before you buy let me know.

OP
OP
FuriousEwok

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@FuriousEwok Well, after driving around for a couple of days listening to The Ticket, I can say the antenna does pretty good. I had some flaky signal issues at Angel Parkway and Bethany and some more on Eldorado Parkway west of 75, down in the low area. I could always hear the broadcast, but there was some “flutter”. I’ll keep it since I’m used to a crappy Ticket signal anyways

Also, I saw your other post. I just got a JTopsUSA top. Works good, but there is one latch that’s covered unless I’m missing something, but you can work it through the mesh. If you want to see in person before you buy let me know.
Thanks. This helps. And it sounds like your live near me. Im around 121 and Alma. Im going to go ahead and get the antenna. And yes, I'm going to get the Jtop.... just need to decide if I want one with or without the access port. Right now I'm leaning towards getting it without the port.
Sponsored