Sponsored

8sp grinding, usually 4hi/lo

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I don't even know how to describe this and it's so damn intermittent I can't pin it down but I get what I can only describe as a shrieking, whirring grinding noise, generally when descending in 4lo. Sometimes I'll get it in 4hi...

...and today for the first time ever I got it in 2hi, just before a 1 to 2 shift, almost like when you'd expect the ECM to be pulling timing for the actual shift

There are no driveability issues associated with the noise, just the noise...but it's weird.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I don't even know how to describe this and it's so damn intermittent I can't pin it down but I get what I can only describe as a shrieking, whirring grinding noise, generally when descending in 4lo. Sometimes I'll get it in 4hi...

...and today for the first time ever I got it in 2hi, just before a 1 to 2 shift, almost like when you'd expect the ECM to be pulling timing for the actual shift

There are no driveability issues associated with the noise, just the noise...but it's weird.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?
Hi D60,
We are sorry to hear about your most recent concern. Have you thought of having your dealer address this? If so, and you are interested in additional assistance feel free to private message us!
Laura
Jeep Cares