Sponsored

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
My wife and I were looking at a few houses over the weekend and it's one of the first things I look at on the exterior. My last house I could not park in my garage......frustrating during the winter and the summer when door are off and it's raining.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
will keep mine outside for a while. I have too much stuff in my garage. no way the wife will park out side

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
This video talks about garage height at the 2:43 mark.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My wife and I were looking at a few houses over the weekend and it's one of the first things I look at on the exterior. My last house I could not park in my garage......frustrating during the winter and the summer when door are off and it's raining.
Last 2 houses I bought we used the same agent. The second time around he remembered "you always want to see the garage, so let's look at that first"..."no one ever looks at the garage".

LOL

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL yeah when I window shop online for houses now and then I always get mad when there's no garage pics!

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Mine fits under my door, but when I have the soft top in the sunrider position the two hooks tap the bottom lip of the garage door when entering/exiting. Not satisfying sound when I forget to close it up.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
JL Journal shows the clearance for a two car garage door. The Jeeps are on each side of the track system. On a one car garage door, you have to drive under the track hook that connects the door to the track above. Measure from the bottom of the track hook, the door or the header, which ever is lowest!
If the new tailgate is so strong, why does MOPAR sell a tailgate reinforcement system and why does the OEM manufacturer for the system sell their own version with replacement/reinforced hinges?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
My garage doors (2) have 14 foot of vertical clearance. Single door on front, double door on side. No concerns here.... :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Last edited:

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine fits under my door, but when I have the soft top in the sunrider position the two hooks tap the bottom lip of the garage door when entering/exiting. Not satisfying sound when I forget to close it up.
What height did it catch? Or what height does it not?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
View attachment 15372 View attachment 15373 View attachment 15374 There have been a few threads about the actual height of JLs and their ability to fit into a standard garage. After measuring my garage door height, I realized I have a low-clearance opening and door track assembly. After a couple of measurements at the lowest points of the door hardware, I realized I had to make some adjustments. Now my lowest point is 74 inches. If this isn’t enough clearance for my Sport S, I can adjust it a little more. It’s better to check these things now, rather than wait until you bring it home and realize it won’t fit!

Overall stock height: 73.6"

upload_2018-2-27_21-10-56.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
The website says Sport, Rubicon and Sahara are all 73.6", whether 2 door or 4 door. I don't trust that.

Yeah--it would be smart to use that only as a basic metric where "your mileage might vary."

I'd be very leery of non-easily reversible height decisions on such figures, JL not in possession to prove them.
Sponsored