First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was going to pull the front fenders this weekend to allow access to the side vents. I want to install those turn signal LED's in lieu of the black plastic vents. In doing so, I think some of the clips may die. Would like to have a few on hand just in case. Should I get them from the dealer or is there an amazon link for something decent?
Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
MesaAZGuy

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yeah, I had a kit with those in it. Went to the garage to check them out. I think I'll just cough it up and go to the dealer tomorrow for some OEM's. I have to go there anyway for another job they need done. Thanks guys

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MesaAZGuy

Save yourself lots of headaches by reading through this whole thread before you pull your fender flares..

Watch for info on the electrical connector disconnect (it has stumped many a guy) and hints in regard to pulling a flare without destroying all or most of the fender flare clips

Also, look for info in regard to the way to place the new fender flare clips before you go to put the flare back on...

Anyway, read read here and save yourself some headaches..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ent-the-easy-way-pull-the-fender-flare.56807/

Sponsored

OP
OP
MesaAZGuy

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thank you! I did see some video's but the one you posted seems to really make it easy. On my 4xe, I drilled out all the inner liner rivets. What a freaking pain in the ass. I knew on this one, there had to be a better way.

OP
OP
MesaAZGuy

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Had some business to attend to at my dealer. While I was there I picked up 20 fender clips. $1.35 was my price each. I'll probably not break any now that I have plenty on hand!

IMG_2345.jpg

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Had some business to attend to at my dealer. While I was there I picked up 20 fender clips. $1.35 was my price each. I'll probably not break any now that I have plenty on hand!

Jeep Wrangler JL '23 Front fender clips IMG_2345
Yup, if none on hand they’ll all break. If you have them in hand it will come away clean. My second install went super smooth because I took my time and manually disconnected a few to start.
Sponsored