First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Wrangler Rubicon X 2D
Occupation
Educator
If you took it personally, then that's on you. But it's a fact that the guy who has the tools and experience to plug and repair a tire is more prepared than the guy carrying a spare that lacks the ability and equipment to change the tire.
I'm loving the spare tire carrying people cannot change a tire idea. A lot like gun carrying people are unable/afraid to fight.
You do realize that not all tire failures can be fixed with a plug, right?
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm loving the spare tire carrying people cannot change a tire idea. A lot like gun carrying people are unable/afraid to fight.
You do realize that not all tire failures can be fixed with a plug, right?
Fully aware. But I also know that many times it can be. And just because there's no spare on it right now, doesn't mean that he doesn't carry one inside or on a trailer or any other reason.
Do you realize that many of the guys who go on the hardest trails don't carry a spare on the tailgate because of the damage that can occur when coming off a sharp ledge?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Just look at all these idiots not knowing they can just carry a patch kit and a compressor

1707837933376.jpeg
1707837982146.png
1707838030950.jpeg

1707838350815.jpeg

1707838451421.png

1707838106011.png

1707838252196.jpeg
Also notice that the competition rigs don't carry the spare hanging way out in the back. On top, or tucked in. Neither of which is feasible for most Wrangler owners.

Bobby Hank

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Educator
Fully aware. But I also know that many times it can be. And just because there's no spare on it right now, doesn't mean that he doesn't carry one inside or on a trailer or any other reason.
Do you realize that many of the guys who go on the hardest trails don't carry a spare on the tailgate because of the damage that can occur when coming off a sharp ledge?
Different spare location does not equal no spare.

Sponsored

Bobby Hank

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Educator
Most of the people commenting on the lack of a spare tire don't even have the capability to change a 37" trail grappler on the side of the road, let alone on the trails. Small air compresser and a plug kit will usually suffice.
Sorry, my bad... what is the real meaning of "lack of spare" here? Please teach me how this means having a spare anyway.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
RED highlights are easy because.....it's RED 🤐 I need some black ideas.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Sorry, my bad... what is the real meaning of "lack of spare" here? Please teach me how this means having a spare anyway.
Lack of spare on tailgate. Even still, I would love to see the percentage of people who have the necessary equipment with them to change a 37 inch tire. The stock jack won't cut it, and I know that I see a lot of clueless fools riding around with these large tires, only to rely on roadside assistance or someone else who is actually capable and prepared.

Which is honestly worse, not having a spare, but being able to make some tire repairs and inflate your tires; or having a spare, but lacking the tools, strength, or plain ability to change the tire yourself?
Sponsored