2018 JLU Rubicon - Pitch and roll angles

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Agreed, would like to know general Danger Zone numbers for a 2 door. Was 26° on the display yesterday and made me wonder.

On the track, we'd do skid pad exercises where you'd push the car to the limits of adhesion and spin the car. That way you'd know what it felt like right before it let loose - and you'd learn "both feet in" to keep from killing the engine (assuming a manual). Unless you did something really stupid, no damage to the car beyond some extra rubber off the tires.

I don't think the off-road equivalent for roll is quite as cheap a thrill :)

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
All I know is that at -26° of pitch, it will un-ass a sleeping hound dog out of the backseat and onto the floor. I know this for fact, lol!

Kraig

First Name
KRAIG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Nice summary! Thanks.

I personally have been at 30 degrees multiple times and it doesn't feel nice :) Especially with 4.5 inch lift and RTT. But I have wider track than stock which help for sure.

What would be great is to put a trip loaded Jeep on some kind of platform that slowly tilts to the side and have a cable attached to the roll bar thru an open window to prevent a fall and actually measure your own tipping angle. Maybe use a tow trailer and a fork-lift? Anyone have access to these to do such experiment on their setup? :)
Would also need my teen agers in the back seat on their iphones in order to make it realistic.

OP
OP
alkapin

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR, 2014 White GL350
Would also need my teen agers in the back seat on their iphones in order to make it realistic.
You do your own setup and report back :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored