10,000 Mile Report

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My 2018 JLUR was bought back by FCA a year ago. After a brief stint with a Raptor, I bought a 2019 JLUR last August. I hit 10,000 miles today so I thought I would give an update. No real issues and only two very minor issues. My radio occasionally has no sound when I turn it on. This forum taught me this is a programming glitch and all I have to do is select the AM button and the sound will come back on. This issue happens about one a month. The other minor issue is the rear defrost cable connection broke. This is another common warranty issue that I haven’t had fixed yet as it hasn’t really been needed here in TN. Other than that, it has been a great experience. Much better than my 2018 experience. As I have posted before, I have owned a CJ-5, two older Cherokees, a Comanche, a JKUR, and now two JLURs. All have been a great time minus the lemon. Anyone considering a Jeep, I say go for it.
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Mine is being bought back, too. My replacement Jeep has been at the dealer for more than two loooooooooong weeks. I’m waiting for the Stericycle rep to make the surrender appointment.

I’m glad your new Jeep is doing well.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Greg and Julie, (posts 1 and 3). Why did your Jeeps have to be bought back?
Thank God my 2 Jeeps have been perfect. I understood lemons do happen but much like Greg if mine were so bad and had to go back, I’d have to try again. I love Jeeps too much. I haven’t loved a vehicle like this since I was 16 and got my first car. For me it’s the open roof-doors off concept. I can’t get enough.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Greg and Julie, (posts 1 and 3). Why did your Jeeps have to be bought back?
Thank God my 2 Jeeps have been perfect. I understood lemons do happen but much like Greg if mine were so bad and had to go back, I’d have to try again. I love Jeeps too much. I haven’t loved a vehicle like this since I was 16 and got my first car. For me it’s the open roof-doors off concept. I can’t get enough.
Mine is being bought back due to steering.

I love the Jeep, even though mine has been a love/heartbreak relationship :CWL:. I have a Punk'n Recon waiting for me and I hope it's a good one. I can't wait to take the doors off and put the top down—run it like that spring through fall. I love the open air and can't imagine driving anything normal.

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine was bought back for steering also. I got rid of the Raptor for a couple of reasons. I live in East Tennessee where narrow curvy/hilly roads are the norm and the extra width made dealing with oncoming traffic challenging sometimes. It was also too wide for drive through car washes. If I lived out west where the roads are wider and off-roading involves more open areas, I might have kept it. In addition to the Raptor. I have also had three Power Wagons over the years so I am used to big vehicles, but the Raptor is about 6” wider wider than they are. Also, I couldn’t get over the fact that the new Raptor’s V-6 made Ford decide to include fake V-8 engine noise through the radio speakers.

Last edited:

ArizonaJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I have had mine for about a year now and have had no sound about 3 times now. What I do is cycle all the input modes via the steering wheel button. None of the dash buttons worked.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have had mine for about a year now and have had no sound about 3 times now. What I do is cycle all the input modes via the steering wheel button. None of the dash buttons worked.
Stupid question AJ, is it possible your right knee could occasionally be hitting the mute button which is below the start button?

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Cycling through will fix the problem. That is what I did before I read about the AM button. It doesn’t need to be cycled through. It just needs to go to AM then the sound will start working again. It is a minor annoyance but not frequent enough for a dealer visit. Also because I don’t think they have a fix.
Sponsored