Keagan

First Name
Stephani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon, 2014 Z51 Corvette Convertible, 2013 Smart Fortwo
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely hate where they moved reverse to in the manual (next to first instead of far right away from first.) It is so easy now to not realize you are in reverse instead of first. I have had several instances of nearly reversing off a cliff, up side of ravine and nearly flipping over, numerous cars nearly backed into like at a gas station...

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
I'm surprised how quite the soft top is and also amazed at the paint quality on mine. I only found one imperfection and was expecting much worse with jeep quality reputation.

Ghuzz

I’m surprised at how cool the hill assist feature is. I hadn’t paid much attention to it. It works really well and makes the trail even funnier cause you can take your foot off the brake.

Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I deleted muffler, spare and back seat and am absolutely amazed at 20 mpg and how quick this thing is.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
1. The 8 speed Tranny is phenomenal.
2. The paint job is smooth as silk, and flawless.

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
My prior Jeep was an 06 Rubicon with soft top. Top was such a pia that I never lowered it and I hated it as a daily driver, too rough and noisy. When I test drove a JL Saraha hard top I fell in love with the quiet and smooth ride. I ordered a 19 Moab and in addition to the quiet (I swapped the mud tires for KO2s) and smooth ride I’m most impressed with the 8 sp tranny. Adding a winch and roof rack for a 4K mike trip out west in Jun-Jul.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Really? Mine took maybe 5 seconds each. The longest part of taking the doors off was getting the hinge bolts out without touching the paint. But, I just don’t put them back in.
You might try using a few pieces of 2 inch painter tape on each door to protect the paint when removing the bolts . Just saying !

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
You might try using a few pieces of 2 inch painter tape on each door to protect the paint when removing the bolts . Just saying !
I use a magnetic advertisement. It's thin and about the size of a business card. Just place behind the hinge where the wrench will touch the paint.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ok a new surprise for me.

Soft top up, and the soft top window off driving in the rain. I was suprised how dry the back stayed and that it did not pull moisture up front. Drove about 60 miles home in the rain.

Gengispecan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door jl Rubicon
1. The transmission- never expected it to feel like a sports car
2. The acceleration- coming from my old YJ with 3.07’s, a broken 1st gear, 35s and a lift, this thing practically flies
3. How awesome Apple CarPlay is- never had a car or Jeep with it
(And some things I don’t like)
4. The soft top- how not far down it goes. So much worse than my old TJ. It even obstructs your view to the rear! This is really weird and a shame, because I love top-down driving, but Safari mode will get some extra love
5. How long it takes to take the doors off- what used to be 15 seconds now takes minutes

Buy some cheapo velcro straps off amazon and wrap the top when you have it down. The straps compress it down so nothing is obstructing your view. I've had my top down for a month now and haven't had an issue with this. Takes an extra 30 seconds to do.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Buy some cheapo velcro straps off amazon and wrap the top when you have it down. The straps compress it down so nothing is obstructing your view. I've had my top down for a month now and haven't had an issue with this. Takes an extra 30 seconds to do.
Oh yeah definitely, I’m down for that. I was a little worried about pushing down on the soft top though- didn’t someone bend their bars doing that? Or was that from trying to lower it without pulling the release handle? I just don’t want to force anything and break something. I’m always suspicious of soft tops’ durability.
Sponsored