First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Express 3.5" {filename}
Just installed a 3.5" RE lift, new tires / wheels.. very happy with the outcome - but much more that 3.5" - looks like the kit raises Rubicon models 3.5 and Sport models 4.5".. the kit instructions really need some work.. was not too happy with them..
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
But does it flex.....?

OP
OP
Dadams20

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Rides great, only minor geometry adjustments were needed, beefy springs. It’s the RE 3.5 / 4.5 short arm kit JL7102. Fox shocks are great .. break over is really good , total height is 6 ft 5 inches ..a little taller than I was expecting but it looks sweet!

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Rides great, only minor geometry adjustments were needed, beefy springs. It’s the RE 3.5 / 4.5 short arm kit JL7102. Fox shocks are great .. break over is really good , total height is 6 ft 5 inches ..a little taller than I was expecting but it looks sweet!
I like that the kit comes with linear springs. I prefer them over multi-rate.

OP
OP
Dadams20

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
A tad back heavy but after the bumper/winch install I'm thinking it will level nicely..

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Nice stance. What's the size of your tires?

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
how is the ride? and the flex? looking at doing a 3.5in lift myself but see there are kits offering adjustable control arms front and rear( uppers and lowers) other with just lowers and these kits with just the front lowers.

Sponsored

HammertunedJL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR, 12 JKUS
how is the ride? and the flex? looking at doing a 3.5in lift myself but see there are kits offering adjustable control arms front and rear( uppers and lowers) other with just lowers and these kits with just the front lowers.
I’ve got the same lift with all 8 super flex arms and Rubicon Express 2.5 shocks. It flexes out really good and the ride is phenomenal.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

With that kind of height on a JLUS likely need to install longer drive shafts (at least the front) and with a lift that high I would assume you used GEO brackets or adjustable control arms otherwise the Geo would be off by quite a bit. A bumper and winch will definitely drop your front. I experienced about 1" drop on my Rancho 3.5" lift.

My Rancho 3.5" lift put the fender flare 7.5" above the rear and 7" above the front with 160lbs of bumper, winch and tow plate., Yours seems much higher then that.

OP
OP
Dadams20

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I'll need to get a new drive shaft I'm sure, I haven't flexed it without the sway bar links off, will see soon. It rides awesome - really like the overall manners of the shocks/springs combo. The instructions call for removing the 'engine bracket' which I'm assuming is the skid plate right below the drive shaft, to prevent contact. I'm going to see if it hits after flexing..

Tires are 315 K02 C rated- could have gone bigger but I like these just fine.

Any recommendations of drive shafts for this type lift?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Yes I'll need to get a new drive shaft I'm sure, I haven't flexed it without the sway bar links off, will see soon. It rides awesome - really like the overall manners of the shocks/springs combo. The instructions call for removing the 'engine bracket' which I'm assuming is the skid plate right below the drive shaft, to prevent contact. I'm going to see if it hits after flexing..

Tires are 315 K02 C rated- could have gone bigger but I like these just fine.

Any recommendations of drive shafts for this type lift?

on the budget side Rough country has a the longer shafts for reasonable cost and they are considered stronger then OEM, you should avoid flexing until that is replaced to avoid potential damage ot at least talk to the RE engineers for their recommendation, that is what I did with Rancho regarding this subject, They said I did not have to replace driveline however any higher I would have needed to.

Note yes drive shaft clearance might be an issue likely not though if your geometry is correct it is the length that is the bigger issue
Sponsored