First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Is there a way to search an individual specific forum rather than the entire forum at large? For example, if I want to search the Member Marketplace for “Rubicon wheels” is that possible or can I only search the entire forum? If that functionality isn’t currently available, could it be integrated? It would make the search feature more useful in many instances.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Is there a way to search an individual specific forum rather than the entire forum at large? For example, if I want to search the Member Marketplace for “Rubicon wheels” is that possible or can I only search the entire forum? If that functionality isn’t currently available, could it be integrated? It would make the search feature more useful in many instances.
I think you’ll have better luck with Google using the site: keyword and “last xx days” option.

e.g. set Google to show results for the last 7 days and then search “site:jlwranglerforums.com rubicon wheels”

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think you’ll have better luck with Google using the site: keyword and “last xx days” option.

e.g. set Google to show results for the last 7 days and then search “site:jlwranglerforums.com rubicon wheels”
Thanks for the suggestion. Conducting the search that way would return all of the instances of “Rubicon wheels” posted to the ENTIRE forum posted in the past 7 days, correct? That wouldn’t accomplish what I’m asking about. I’d like to be able to search just ONE individual forum. That way if I’m looking to buy a set of rubicon wheels for sale near me, I can find that. Seraching the entire forum, even for a limited time frame, would have me combing through every mention of rubicon wheels. The majority of those results returned wouldn’t be relevant to me. Make sense?

I don’t know if it’s possible or feasible or the level of work involved on this platform but I know that it’s possible and not particularly difficult on some other forum software platforms.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Agree with google search. This site has one of the better search functions I’ve used, but google does better.

Another reason why people should be a bit more patient when somebody posts a question that’s need addressed ad nauseam (like will OEM LED headlights plug and play with my halogens ;))

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yes. The search function here is contextual. For example if you are in a thread and click on the search icon in the header menu bar, the option to "Search this thread only" will appear. It will look like this.

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 7.45.54 AM.jpg

Likewise, if you are within a sub-forum, the option to search that sub-forum only will appear.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yes. The search function here is contextual. For example if you are in a thread and click on the search icon in the header menu bar, the option to "Search this thread only" will appear. It will look like this.

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 7.45.54 AM.jpg

Likewise, if you are within a sub-forum, the option to search that sub-forum only will appear.
Thank you for the explanation. I’m using my iPhone most of the time. In iOS, when I’m in a forum and click search in portrait mode, the contextual search function doesn’t come up by default. However, it does when viewed in landscape mode. To get the contextual search in portrait mode, I have to click search, then the gear wheel that appears to the right of the search field. A drop down with the contextual search now appears. I guess I’d never noticed it before because I searched in port mode. Thanks again. Appreciate the quick explanation and the work you do with this forum.
Sponsored