OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Escalade 2018 JLU Rubicon
This thread needs more pictures of animals in Wranglers!
Cmon Covet you know it’s a mistake to encourage a proud Dad to show off his kids! This is my wife with our guys yesterday, had just got it home.

Here goes....

94850F2B-D580-48C6-BFEB-025787ABFD8C.jpeg

D9FAB17F-8C20-4283-8ABA-53593B22BE9B.jpeg
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
In no way was the targeted at you. I apologize if it came off that way. I get passionate about vehicle safety because I know first hand, both personally and professionally, just how deadly they can be.
When I designed the bar of the above post https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/best-set-up-for-pets.16340/#post-400623 I sought to merge safety with throwback notions of driving your Wrangler at a snail's pace on the beach, with your best friend and copilot by your side, his/her window open, free to move about the cabin and enjoy the smells and sights and stimulation in the same way we watch TV.

Of course those notions are great until you realize that, particularly at normal driving speeds, all objects in the rig not tied down become the projectiles discussed, traveling at pretty much the same speed your rig was going until you slammed on the brakes. Said projectiles can not only hurt passengers that encounter them, but if those objects are living things, hurt themselves as the slam into semi-immovable objects like a windshield.

I say "semi" because more than a fair share of unbuckled passengers have gone passed the windshield with disastrous outcome: at least some of their body has. They don't survive such crashes.

Anyway--the bar allows my pouch to move to either side of the backseat to experience all she can of what's going on outside, without going beyond the threshold of the door window, while protecting her from forward movement via 3 point chest harness.

Forgettable1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think that it has been traditionally accepted that the safest way to transport pets in a Jeep would be in a crate strapped down in the cargo area. Obviously, this is not exactly a lot of fun for the pet.

The opposite end of the spectrum is letting your animal roam freely in the vehicle....this not only is dangerous for the pet but also very dangerous for the occupants as in an accident, your 50 pound dog now becomes a missile of exponential mass bouncing around the passenger compartment.

Personally, I think that seat harnesses are a great compromise, If you don't want the dog in your passenger area or they are destructive, a well designed cargo barrier is a good option.

We built a solid cargo barrier for the JKU (which honestly was not a great seller but the folks who bought it loved it). We also do one for the FJC which has consistently been a best seller of a decade now. I'd be willing to work one up for the JLU if there is interest.

1-IMG_3396_zps4cba8f72.jpg

1-DSC_0206_zpsdljr6lf2.jpg

1-DSC_0048_zpsdcd73e11.jpg

Doc
Loved the springtail barrier in my JK. Was bummed it didnt fit (not even close) to my JL. Would buy another [/QUOTE]

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
Great thread. I've got two furkids and have used the seatbelt clip solution for years. Each baby has its own side of the back seat. Here's a recent shot of them.

D2D5AD20-753A-41C8-AD2A-7C96DF6BE7A0.jpeg

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Great thread. I've got two furkids and have used the seatbelt clip solution for years. Each baby has its own side of the back seat. Here's a recent shot of them.

D2D5AD20-753A-41C8-AD2A-7C96DF6BE7A0.jpeg

FCA's advertising firm would be hard pressed to capture a better Wrangler moment.....:)

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Cmon Covet you know it’s a mistake to encourage a proud Dad to show off his kids! This is my wife with our guys yesterday, had just got it home.

Here goes....

94850F2B-D580-48C6-BFEB-025787ABFD8C.jpeg

D9FAB17F-8C20-4283-8ABA-53593B22BE9B.jpeg
I frequently encourage people to do things that make them happy
First pic I probably would not run up and try to pet that... Second one! Beautiful dogs!

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Escalade 2018 JLU Rubicon
I frequently encourage people to do things that make them happy
First pic I probably would not run up and try to pet that... Second one! Beautiful dogs!
Thank You, you would be surprised how many people will try to approach without knowing us. Both very protective but totally different personality and demeanor.
Sponsored