Z Automotive Tazer Pin Lock Mode to Prevent Theft

navjumper

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392
I checked out the new update from Z Automotive with the Tazer JL to enable to the Pin Lock mode to help prevent theft of the Jeep Wrangler JL or JT. This allows you to activate a custom button pin that is required each time you start your Jeep, if you do not type in the pin code then the Jeep will activate the brakes and stop a potential theft from happening. If the thief tries to put the vehicle in drive it also activates the light show mode. And there is even a safety for if you get car jacked. Check out how it works here:

*Edit - I made a part 2 video trying to answer the questions people have had regarding the remote start and removing the Tazer after you set the Pin Lock:
Am I missing something? When I go through the menu I don't have a "Set Pin".
Sponsored

navjumper

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392
Did you update to the latest firmware?
I have the Tazer JL lite, and upgraded it to the Mini. It is only a week old and it does have the latest firmware installed. Just haven't been having much success with this Tazer stuff. I actually bought it to install a front camera and so far that hasn't worked either. I don't have a cargo camera option on the menu. Odd to say the least.

navjumper

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392
I have the Tazer JL lite, and upgraded it to the Mini. It is only a week old and it does have the latest firmware installed. Just haven't been having much success with this Tazer stuff. I actually bought it to install a front camera and so far that hasn't worked either. I don't have a cargo camera option on the menu. Odd to say the least.
I stand corrected...pulled the Tazer out, put it back on the computer did another upgrade and another firmware upgrade (though it was the same firmware) hooked it back up and it worked. First problem solved now onto the cargo camera issue. Thanks for the reply.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
@Fredmilo Just ordered my Tazer, just wondering if there had been any updates on this feature and the M/T?

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Would it be feasible for fca to come up with a program in the vehicles computer(update/OTA that would require you to enter a code through your Jeeps system (infotainment). Then and only then would the jeep be able to start. Also tracking.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Would it be feasible for fca to come up with a program in the vehicles computer(update/OTA that would require you to enter a code through your Jeeps system (infotainment). Then and only then would the jeep be able to start. Also tracking.
Yes, it's feasible, but then they'd have to support all of the calls from people that forgot their PINs. There'd need to be a way for them to reset the PIN, which thieves would subsequently take advantage of.

Tracking is available now through the Jeep app.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yes, it's feasible, but then they'd have to support all of the calls from people that forgot their PINs. There'd need to be a way for them to reset the PIN, which thieves would subsequently take advantage of.

Tracking is available now through the Jeep app.
Tracking doesn't do dick when they pull the head unit fuse.

Sponsored

Jordskee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL 3.6L V6
Is there a way to activate the honk alarm if the PIN code isn't entered within the 20 second count down? That would really scare the thief away before he even has time to think of removing the tazer...

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to activate the honk alarm if the PIN code isn't entered within the 20 second count down? That would really scare the thief away before he even has time to think of removing the tazer...
They just put out a post saying that an update is coming soon with that option!
Sponsored