Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pin lock works goofy on manual transmission. I upgraded my mini Tazor and set up the pin lock. Initially, it did allow me to start the rig and enter the code within 20 seconds to avoid the brake lock up. The following day it stopped giving me 20 seconds to enter the pin. Immediately upon starting, the brakes lock up. So I went back into the menu…cleared and reset the pin which did not bring back the 20 second timer. Immediately upon starting the rig it goes into lock down. On the mt you have to depress the clutch or the rig won’t start. It seems like the Tazor views the clutch activation as an attempt to drive away, locks the brakes and gives a light show. Probably a computer programming glitch until or if they fix it.
I’m guessing that having the clutch pushed in is acting like putting the vehicle in drive on an Auto, which automatically locks up the brakes and activates the light show.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Z Auto put out another update yesterday:
“It was discovered that there was an issue while entering a six digit pin using the Pin Lock feature. This issue has been resolved, please Clear your PIN before updating to this latest firmware (TaZer 2.5.7, TaZer DT 18.1.8, and JL Mini 11.4.2)

Issue with the Amber DRL dropping while using the turn signal with the TaZer DT is also resolved”

31FB1750-4242-4F73-8891-3EA0DC93062D.jpeg

80C4DAFB-9996-400F-974D-30F1699A25B9.jpeg

A5EB9BC9-D27D-47FB-970E-FE66269D92F3.jpeg

Fredmilo

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 1995 YJ, 1950 M38
I’m guessing that having the clutch pushed in is acting like putting the vehicle in drive on an Auto, which automatically locks up the brakes and activates the light show.
I concur, I had a five digit pin so don’t think the update will change anything.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I concur, I had a five digit pin so don’t think the update will change anything.
I haven’t noticed any issues with a 6 digit pin, but some people must have experienced it.

Fredmilo

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is my understanding that the PIN has to be set each time you want to use it.

" If the PIN was entered when starting the vehicle, this will immediately remove the PIN Lock."
Your quote from the manual is correct. Start the rig, enter the PIN within 20 seconds and the system will not activate, allowing you to go on your merry way. If you don’t enter the PIN, the brakes will lock up until you enter the PIN. If you try to drive off there is a light show added.

Sponsored

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Pin lock works goofy on manual transmission. I upgraded my mini Tazor and set up the pin lock. Initially, it did allow me to start the rig and enter the code within 20 seconds to avoid the brake lock up. The following day it stopped giving me 20 seconds to enter the pin. Immediately upon starting, the brakes lock up. So I went back into the menu…cleared and reset the pin which did not bring back the 20 second timer. Immediately upon starting the rig it goes into lock down. On the mt you have to depress the clutch or the rig won’t start. It seems like the Tazor views the clutch activation as an attempt to drive away, locks the brakes and gives a light show. Probably a computer programming glitch until or if they fix it.
If you wouldn't mind, could you please update if any firmware updates fix this behavior on the MT? I plan on getting a mini in the next month or two and really like the idea of this feature as an additional layer of deterrence. Gonna keep tracking this thread in the meantime.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Your quote from the manual is correct. Start the rig, enter the PIN within 20 seconds and the system will not activate, allowing you to go on your merry way. If you don’t enter the PIN, the brakes will lock up until you enter the PIN. If you try to drive off there is a light show added.
I understand that. However, I take that quoted instruction to mean that I would have to enter a new PIN once I deactivate the current one. Can someone confirm whether or not that is the case?

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that. However, I take that quoted instruction to mean that I would have to enter a new PIN once I deactivate the current one. Can someone confirm whether or not that is the case?
Once you set a pin, that pin should stay active until you go in and clear the pin or remove the Tazer.

Fredmilo

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you wouldn't mind, could you please update if any firmware updates fix this behavior on the MT? I plan on getting a mini in the next month or two and really like the idea of this feature as an additional layer of deterrence. Gonna keep tracking this thread in the meantime.
Sure thing, I will advise if I see a firmware update addressing this issue. The anti theft benefit is still there which is huge. I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to keep my jeep from getting stolen (remote switches to fuel pump or starter or the expensive electric key interface offered) and here it is on a silver platter. I think the best part is someone could have your fob in their possession and they can’t steal the jeep. In your face thief!

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Since I have a manual none of the window licking thieves want (or can operate mine) but this is awesome! Does it function for manual trans Jeeps as well?

MIKKY Slim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JW 2016
I checked out the new update from Z Automotive with the Tazer JL to enable to Kodi nox the Pin Lock mode to help prevent theft of the Jeep Wrangler JL or JT. This allows you to activate a custom button pin that is required each time you start your Jeep, if you do not type in the pin code then the Jeep will activate the brakes and stop a potential theft from happening. If the thief tries to put the vehicle in drive it also activates the light show mode. And there is even a safety for if you get car jacked. Check out how it works here:

*Edit - I made a part 2 video trying to answer the questions people have had regarding the remote start and removing the Tazer after you set the Pin Lock:
Nice videos ! very informative

Last edited:

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but see post #27.
I figure if they REALLY want your vehicle they'll just winch it onto a flatbed anyway. I'm sure inputting the PIN every time also gets old. I had a feeling the manual might have issues due to the start/clutch switch. I guess I'll play with it and see...

It is pretty cool they offer it though, love my tazer!

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
I had been thinking about a getting Tazer Mini, and the rollout of this pin code feature helped push me into buying one. Unfortunately my experience has not been so good. I have two issues:

1. If you set a pin code, every time the ESS system engages it brake locks the vehicle. So I stop at a stop sign or a stop light, the engine turns off, and when I start to lift the pressure on the brakes, wham, it locks everything down and I need to enter the pin code to get moving again. I realize that a lot of folks hate the ESS system and use the Tazer to turn it off, and while I like that feature and use it, I prefer to switch back and forth between having ESS engaged or not. This seems like a major bug in the pin code setup -- I hope that they can fix it.

2. Every time I shut off the vehicle, the hazards start blinking like they are in a countdown. When I start the vehicle next, the brake lock is engaged already and I have to put in a pin code without any timer kicking in first. I haven't figured out why it is doing this.

I like some of the other capabilities that the Tazer gives you, so I don't plan on returning it, but this pin code feature needs some work.
Sponsored

Last edited: