Z Automotive Tazer Extension Issue

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Ok so I’ve had the Tazer extension since Z Automotive first started selling them. Had to bring the Jeep to the dealership today for a flash. So I unmarry the Tazer unplug it and plug the cables into the extension....all good.

Back home and trying to remove the cables from the extension to plug my Tazer back in. The larger plug is stuck in the extension and pissing me off. I cannot get the larger plug to release from the extension cable, but the smaller one unplugged with no issues.

Any ideas or tips to try and free it? The extension setup is great, but if it gets stuck like this I may just go back to the original process. I don’t want to accidentally rip the wires out the back of the plug.
Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Following

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Following
I had the same problem, so I left the extension wires plugged in and just disconnected the tazer, then I just used original wires with the tazer and left the extension plugged in but blank.

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I had the same problem, so I left the extension wires plugged in and just disconnected the tazer, then I just used original wires with the tazer and left the extension plugged in but blank.
Right. That’s how I was setup prior to heading to the dealer. Now I want to plug my Tazer back in but I can’t remove the larger wire from the extension.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Right. That’s how I was setup prior to heading to the dealer. Now I want to plug my Tazer back in but I can’t remove the larger wire from the extension.
Yikes. Maybe jam some dielectric grease in and then blast it with canned air duster to make the plastic cold (thereby shrinking it)? Careful not to make the plastic brittle, though, I guess. Just a thought.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Finally got it loose. Will most likely not use the extension any longer since it was a PITA to unplug.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Finally got it loose. Will most likely not use the extension any longer since it was a PITA to unplug.
Sounds like you got a manufacturer’s defect. I would contact Joe. I’m sure they would replace it. Mine works great.

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Sounds like you got a manufacturer’s defect. I would contact Joe. I’m sure they would replace it. Mine works great.
Yea that’s my plan. It shouldn’t take much force to unplug them.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problem when plugging in and removing my smart stop/start module and after looking at the factory plugs I could see the guides on the connectors were not perfect so I very lightly and carefully polished them down and now the connectors go in and out very easily

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
today its my first time to go to dealer after installed taser....
it happens to me too...but worse...both of them are stuck..

How can i unplug them....
Sponsored