Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running Yukon gears in the Rubi Dana 44 ? I’m leaning towards Dana/Spicer but want to hear some feedback on Yukon.

I was going to do it myself with @chevymitchell how to guide. I’ve got access to a lift and every tool known to man at my disposal for a mere case of Bud as payment, but with work outta control right now, I gotta take advantage. Plus the shop I might use has been hit hard by covid, and I’d like to help them out. They are a certified Yukon dealer and installer. Sorry if there’s already a thread, didn’t see one, but then I’m not that good at looking either, lol.

Thanks
Roky
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Anyone running Yukon gears in the Rubi Dana 44 ? I’m leaning towards Dana/Spicer but want to hear some feedback on Yukon.

I was going to do it myself with @chevymitchell how to guide. I’ve got access to a lift and every tool known to man at my disposal for a mere case of Bud as payment, but with work outta control right now, I gotta take advantage. Plus the shop I might use has been hit hard by covid, and I’d like to help them out. They are a certified Yukon dealer and installer.

Thanks
Roky
You can't go wrong with Spicer or Yukon. They're both top tier MFG's of rings and pinions.

I'm running the real-time Q&A today and I'm using a set of Yukon 5.13's on (@conFUcius) Stephen's Jeep.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-5-13-gear-swap-real-time-q-a.60887/

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

I was going to do it myself with @chevymitchell how to guide. I’ve got access to a lift and every tool known to man at my disposal for a mere case of Bud as payment, but with work outta control right now, I gotta take advantage. Plus the shop I might use has been hit hard by covid, and I’d like to help them out. They are a certified Yukon dealer and installer. Sorry if there’s already a thread, didn’t see one, but then I’m not that good at looking either, lol.

Thanks
Roky
Im running yukon as well, havent had any issues

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yukon spends the most on advertising. I’ll only install them if I cannot get anything else. My go to 99% of the time is dana spicer. They set up consistently better every time.

brett

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Yukon spends the most on advertising. I’ll only install them if I cannot get anything else. My go to 99% of the time is dana spicer. They set up consistently better every time.

brett
^This... I share this same experience and perspective.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

brett
^This... I share this same experience and perspective.
I understand as an installer you guys have your preferences, that’s completely understandable. However, once the gears are installed is there any reason you would lean towards one or the other, as far as quality or durability. Thanks

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I understand as an installer you guys have your preferences, that’s completely understandable. However, once the gears are installed is there any reason you would lean towards one or the other, as far as quality or durability. Thanks
I think every brand out makes a quality product and once correctly installed shouldn’t give you any trouble. For me it’s comes down to being as productive as possible in a day plus the master install kits from yukon are extremely over priced. Im not trying to insinuate they are poor quality in the least. It’s just been my experience yukon takes more time to shim correctly vs the dana spicers which are typically closer right off the bat.

yukon has an abuse proof warranty or something that they’ll replace it if it breaks but you have to buy it. Doesn’t cover the install kit or anything else that gets damaged, just the ring and pinion so to me it’s not a huge bonus

brett

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I don’t have any reason to lean one way or the other outside of installations. Like I mentioned before, they’re both top tier, high quality components. I use Dana parts in Dana axles. You’ll be happy with either one, for sure.

dlporter

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
10k miles on Yukon 4.88s in my jeep with zero issues. As previously mentioned, you can’t go wrong with either.
Sponsored