YouTube/Internet on CarPlay?

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Anyone have any success without having to jailbreak a phone getting the phone to mirror internet or videos to screen ?

Did some searching and unless you want to jailbreak your iPhone it’s impossible so I’ve heard ...
Sponsored

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Anyone have any success without having to jailbreak a phone getting the phone to mirror internet or videos to screen ?

Did some searching and unless you want to jailbreak your iPhone it’s impossible so I’ve heard ...
Impossible. Also, i learned Jeep disables half of carplay functionality when the vehicle is in motion, which is complete bullshit. Apparently only way to disable this is the TazerJL

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Impossible. Also, i learned Jeep disables half of carplay functionality when the vehicle is in motion, which is complete bullshit. Apparently only way to disable this is the TazerJL
Sucks, someone needs to come out with a way to mirror phone to screen, shouldn't be that hard but im not a programmer

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
What functionality does it disable? I haven't noticed anything other than limiting Apple Music functions while in motion.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
What does jail breaking your phone do now? I did it years ago on my first iPhone. And don’t remember much of an issue
Sponsored