Your Top 5 Jeep related YouTube channels

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Surprised nobody’s mentioned Cheaper Jeeper. I find his stuff pretty good for what it is, simple Jeep stuff that people can do without spending their life savings. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited:

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Story Till Now, Dirt Lifestyle, Family Road trip, Casey 250, Trail Recon
I agree with others that when they start to seem like they are trying to sell something too hard and often, it degrades the channel and desire to watch. And having to many $$$$$ builds that aren't practical or realistic for common folk, then its more like showing off. A few are going that way sadly. Like an 840HP Demon engine for overlanding/off roading, really??? You'll use all that power just to haul enough fuel to get in and out of the bush! The Eco-diesel was a common sense practical rig, not a "look at what I can buy" rig.
I do like the banned site as well, good info video's etc.

Last edited:

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
JL Life
Trail Recon
Banned guy has some good ones
JK Gears and Gadgets
TFL (often not jeep)
I thought the first JL Life video I watched was anoying. So anoying I've watched almost all of them, haha. He kinda grew on me, and he did have a sting grey Rubi, I'm a little partial to the sting grey.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Story til Now is a great channel and Shawn is an excellent person. He is genuinely a nice guy. I have met him a couple times.

I stopped watching Trail Recon when Brad started selling coffee. Will still watch it occasionally like a couple times a year.

There used to be a bunch of channels my wife and I would watch all the time. They have either became too commercial or run out of content. There are only so many stand Out Jeeping trails. The market has or is becoming saturated with jeep off road channels.

There are like hundreds of YouTube videos of just about every cool trail. All the videos become the same. A quick search, I stopped counting at 50 videos for Black Bear Pass. Seen one of them you have basically seen them all. It turns into the movie Groundhog Day watching YouTube for Jeep content.

Then the YouTubeer end up over sensationalizing stuff to the point they are not credible anymore. Or they change their format and get lazy.

with that all said, This guy does incredible video and photography. He lives out of a Jeep. YouTube is a side hustle as he is a professional photographer

Drew Simm

Just a couple of his videos for a teaser.

Drew is an amazing photographer for sure plus he does a few videos in my (Idaho) back yard.

Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are your type five YouTube channels?
The Road Chose Me is great, this guy probably has more miles in a Jeep than the rest combined. Argentina to Alaska in a TJ, for starters, all over Austrailia, Africa, etc.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Trail Mater. Entertaining people and I get to see what's going to break in my future Jeep JL endeavors.
Yep, solid channel. That he seems to sort of despise being on camera is endearing. The guy gets stuff done, and seeing how he recovers is really informative. Plus, it’s right in my backyard, so I sometimes get a heads up on where to/not to go and what to/not to do around here.

I haven’t met him yet, but his girlfriend was cool when she tailgunned one of my Jeep Safari runs last year. She knew how to take charge and get some guy who didn’t know when it was time to winch, and was holding up the group in a major way, moving again. She just got out and told him directly, exactly which line he was to take his 4Runner up. He didn’t want to listen and she told him it was that or turn back, no other option. Mad respect.

Captain Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2023 Jeep Willys
Surprised nobody’s mentioned Cheaper Jeeper. I find his stuff pretty good for what it is, simple Jeep stuff that people can do without spending their life savings. 🤷‍♂️
I liked this channel too, but he sold his jeep and bought a Dodge Journey. Very confusing direction for that channel.

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
I mainly watch DirtRoadCred and Trail Recon, both are honest and real without the drama and clickbaity hyped up headlines. TFL lost me a long time ago doing that crap despite living/filming only a few miles from me 😆

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I agree with many comments above, so I'll just comments on channels not mentioned.

Cheaper Jeeper sold his Jeep, the older videos were nice, newer ones not so much.

Try Cary/Katerina with Trail Traveler, good reviews of trails and jeep parts.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Ive been watching a local group called Dirt Nation. They have jeeps, toyotas, raptors etc. they go to various trails and beat their rigs. Zero product endorsements, just offroading.

Throatcuttter

First Name
Bobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR, Badlands Traveler, Carbon Cub
I dont really watch any Jeep stuff. I have more experience and knowledge than any youtuber so there isnt really a reason except to mock them.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I like Brad’s chill vibe…..never mind someone selling as long as it’s transparent…..tough thing is watching guys build rigs most people can’t approach. Prefer when the builds are more attainable.
Yea a lot of youtube consumers seem to forget this is a Job for these creators. Gotta pay your bills some how and if his 15-30 second sales spots are too much just tap that right key a few times and bam back into the videos. Hell Brad even usually has the chapter markers on the track bar so its easy to find where the ad ends.

That said Nate with Dirt Lifestyle has a great and infectious personality that I always come back to. Hell hes the one that sold me on the Jeep over the Taco so theres that.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I have recently watched several vids from:

Seek The Open

He runs a mostly stock Rubicon 2-door (silver, too!), so watching his stuff is directly relevant to me. His stock plastic rear bumper is currently pretty mangled...😄
Sponsored