Sponsored

Your Top 5 Jeep related YouTube channels

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I used to watch a lot of Trail Recon but Brad has generally priced me out. Seems he uses a lot of what I refer to as "Gucci gear" that's just ridiculously priced ($40k+ for a tiny trailer?? That'll never happen).

Lite Brite was fun when they were mostly just having fun wheeling but now it seems like they've got a lot of other stuff going on and I don't watch too much.

The story till now is probably the one I watch mostly. He got an expensive and built rig but his gear usually seems more basic and that's what I'm usually into. He goes to beautiful places and gets some great shots of them.

Generally I don't watch too many keep vids. I try to be out there having fun rather than watching someone else be out there having fun. Each moment that passes is your life passing by. Make sure you spend it in a worthwhile manner.
This is why I can't tolerate watching Expedition Overland or the like any more. I used to dig them when I was building my 4 Runner, but this type of content has Jumped the Shark for me. The videography is nicely done but the content is more about their gourmet meals and lattes around the fire than it is anything else. But what is even worse is the "life-changing / metaphysical growth" platitudes discovered out on the trail laced into every bit of commentary that just gives it another level of cringe factor.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Story til Now is a great channel and Shawn is an excellent person. He is genuinely a nice guy. I have met him a couple times.

I stopped watching Trail Recon when Brad started selling coffee. Will still watch it occasionally like a couple times a year.

There used to be a bunch of channels my wife and I would watch all the time. They have either became too commercial or run out of content. There are only so many stand Out Jeeping trails. The market has or is becoming saturated with jeep off road channels.

There are like hundreds of YouTube videos of just about every cool trail. All the videos become the same. A quick search, I stopped counting at 50 videos for Black Bear Pass. Seen one of them you have basically seen them all. It turns into the movie Groundhog Day watching YouTube for Jeep content.

Then the YouTubeer end up over sensationalizing stuff to the point they are not credible anymore. Or they change their format and get lazy.

with that all said, This guy does incredible video and photography. He lives out of a Jeep. YouTube is a side hustle as he is a professional photographer

Drew Simm

Just a couple of his videos for a teaser.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
My favorite is probably Story Till Now, and the adjacent Casey250.

Offroading related would then be Matt's offroad recovery.

I also watch Ohio Offroad, as they do/build cool stuff and are local to me.

Also local that I like is Ohio Grown Overland. He's in a toyota but he hangs with all the local MOJO jeep people.

Slaphitter

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
I like watching jeep channels when Iā€™m looking for reviews and advice on specific things. Including [banned guy], who makes high quality videos and does excellent instructions. By the same token, TFL, Trail Recon and the various commercial channels all post useful instructions and reviews.

For general entertainment I think ā€œoverlandingā€ channels are better than pure jeep channels, more like travelogues. Eva zu Beck is my current overlanding rabbit hole. Polish woman who has a cool rig and does a lot of epic solo overlanding all around the world. Her 6 months across the USA is worth watching.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Can't think of any.

Used to watch TFL. But then it suddenly became the Defender channel and then, for the longest time, the Bronco channel. With the exception of Andrei, and perhaps Nate, often times you get the impression that they donā€™t really know what they are talking about, so they argue for the sake of arguing and overdramatize everything. I stopped watching months ago.

TrailRecon has some good Jeep videos, but I can only watch it in small doses. Otherwise it is like watching one long infomercial. More than good Jeep channels, there are some good Jeep videos; thatā€™s it.

For general automotive content, I like Alex on Autos, Tom Volk, Jay Lenoā€™s Garage and Motor Week.

Motor Week has been uploading vintage episodes from the 1980s; they can be priceless! šŸ˜«
Oh man Motor Week! The drag strip they used to use back in the day was 75-80 in Monrovia MD and was a TON of fun. Just good ol' boys out trying not to break stuff. Remember one guy would roll up in a wood paneled Caravan wearing his dirty Levi Bibs and nothing else and out pop his 4 kids and old lady, knock down a few 12 second passes and go home. Good memories.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Most of the ones mentioned here are too Hollywood for me. I donā€™t need quick cuts, annoying voiceovers, and epic soundtracks.

It seems like when folks hit 50k+ subscribers, they feel the need to jazz things up for click content.

So I stick to little guys. Colorado4x4, DxD Overland, 4xFredWilliams, Seek the open, and a few other smaller channels.

They donā€™t have as much content, but you also donā€™t get all of the self-promoting commercials nor the annoying music. Real content by regular joes for regular joes like me.

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
Story til Now is a great channel and Shawn is an excellent person. He is genuinely a nice guy. I have met him a couple times.

I stopped watching Trail Recon when Brad started selling coffee. Will still watch it occasionally like a couple times a year.

There used to be a bunch of channels my wife and I would watch all the time. They have either became too commercial or run out of content. There are only so many stand Out Jeeping trails. The market has or is becoming saturated with jeep off road channels.

There are like hundreds of YouTube videos of just about every cool trail. All the videos become the same. A quick search, I stopped counting at 50 videos for Black Bear Pass. Seen one of them you have basically seen them all. It turns into the movie Groundhog Day watching YouTube for Jeep content.

Then the YouTubeer end up over sensationalizing stuff to the point they are not credible anymore. Or they change their format and get lazy.

with that all said, This guy does incredible video and photography. He lives out of a Jeep. YouTube is a side hustle as he is a professional photographer

Drew Simm

Just a couple of his videos for a teaser.

I just recently came across Drew Simm, he's similar to Story Till Now with a more run of the mill build. Good stuff

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
venture4wd - old videos are neat, however it's be come a commerical and not about the adventure.
I think they get the award for the corniest voiceovers ever (and Iā€™m a dad). Drama club type stuff.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Kind of enjoy watching simple channels where they buy a normal DIY bolt-on part, install it and try it out. Eddie at Wawalove and Steve at @ExpeditionBuilds are pretty good for stuff like that. Good instructions, helpful tips and end results. Not really into custom fab stuff where the guys have to bring their Jeep into the mechanic for some crazy build.

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Does anyone else like Ozark Overland Adventures? Kind of Overland-focused but also a lot of Jeep content.
I like Matt's stuff. If it is a trail video, I will typically watch it. If it is another battery pack review, I turn it on as background noise when I fall asleep. I appreciate his long form videos (40min+).

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
the road choice me - dan's travels are awesome
venture4wd - old videos are neat, however it's be come a commerical and not about the adventure.
Venture 4wd was my favorite channel for a very long time. He changed his whole format and is now hohum to watch. All of his stuff before the van and girlfriend was great stuff. Now he has become lazy and subpar.
Sponsored

Last edited: