Sponsored

Your thoughts on what we want to factory order...

Installer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanting 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Sales but wish for retirement
Wanting to factory order a 2020 Wrangler JLU

- Mojito (please)

- 255/70R18 All- Terrain tires

- standard wheels ($995.oo too much for Tech Gray)

- Color matching 3 piece hard-top (price shows included)

- Premium black Sunrider soft top

- Soft top window storage bag

- Leather seats (see note below)

- 8.4” display with premium sound

- Cargo tub liner

- Remote start

- Remote proximity keyless entry

- Trailer tow and heavy-duty electrical group

- Safety group (for blind spot & cross path detection and park assist)

- LED lighting group

- Cold weather group

- 2.4 turbo with ESS

- 8 speed automatic transmission

- Anti-spin differential

- Standard 3.45 ratio (never taller than 33” pr 35” tires)

- Select-Trac full time 4WD system

Well… here it is:

This will be replacing a 2010 Buick Enclave AWD SUV with all the options we bought new. Love the vehicle but time for something new. We have a ’98 wrangler Sahara we bought used after a year of looking. It has never been off road and is perfect with both tops and a 2.5” lift. Wife seldom drives the $50K Buick and loves the Jeep. I will only get to drive it to church as it will be the wife’s main ride. We do not off-road; just see it as a fun convertible that goes well in the Tennessee winters. Needs to remain easy driving; as close to the Buick as possible.

Wondering about the leather seat options: have read the premium seat options exclude the cup holders in the rear headrest and add them behind the floor console and the dash and other items will be painted. Will prefer just the factory leather if that is the case.

Want to add:

- Everything from HotHead to quiet and keep it cool & warm

-WeatherTech floor mats

- Rough Country 2.5” $199.99 lift kit (want to retain or improve street ride quality)

- Possibly small wheel spacers

- Several other minor thins to add.

All thoughts, advice, opinions and recommendations are requested.

Under our circumstances what should we add or take away ?

From some of the post I think we can get a good deal from our local dealer Steve Jones in Dickson, TN. The general manager, I have been speaking to, Michael Bittle, seems like a nice guy. One post here said the got down to 8% below invoice; if I can beat that I will order.

Thanks to all !
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I mean- what’s left to order? You picked it all. Maybe color match fenders?

and yes, the leather seats have the cup holders. It’s a must for my kids. Plus it keeps them separate. Worth it for that alone.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My 2 cents: set realistic expectations on how much stuff from Hot Heads, or any headliner vendor will do towards noise abatement.

….keep out heat, you bet, keep out noise, no so much/less so

Good luck!!!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if the rumors are true, better hurry because Mojito! may not be long for this world. Then again they’ve been saying that since 2018.

Also, and I haven’t looked into this at all, but do you really want the factory option cargo liner? A lot of the time the aftermarket does a better job with this type of thing than the OEM.

And last, I don’t think they’ll sell you a 2.4 turbo engine. A 2.0, maybe ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Installer

Installer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mistakes in my post :

- Failed to list ordering a Sahara; therefore should have color match fenders.
- Yip; 2.0 not 2.4
- Yip; most all options matching the Buick to make it nice for her.
- Hoping Mojito will be back in January.
- Not the cargo liner; it is a "tub" liner for the cavity under the cargo liner. Will be getting Weather Tech for all the floor liners.

Thank you, and keep the information comming.

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
Mistakes in my post :

- Failed to list ordering a Sahara; therefore should have color match fenders.
- Yip; 2.0 not 2.4
- Yip; most all options matching the Buick to make it nice for her.
- Hoping Mojito will be back in January.
- Not the cargo liner; it is a "tub" liner for the cavity under the cargo liner. Will be getting Weather Tech for all the floor liners.

Thank you, and keep the information comming.
Check out the husky floor liners, just as good, I have huskies, and love em. Had weather techs on my previous f150 and they were just as good.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Few things:
1). I checked out the weather tech mats and wasn't impressed. I like the mats to be chunky and have big treads/voids (just like my tires!) for winter use with snow/ ice and wet boot traction. I got a set of Rugged Ridge ones, They snap into the posts in the carpet and have held well. This is my second winter season, no complaints. I think they might be a little cheaper than the WT ones as well.

2). I know you said you don't go off roading and you want to improve the stock ride, but I'll tell you- a $200 lift kit will ride like a $200 lift kit. I speak from experience in my previous TJ's. That said, in your case- you might be fine with the kit, but may want to consider changing your choice of shocks from whatever Rough Country puts in the kit to something like a Bilstein 5100 or something similar as those seem to ride a bit smoother, based on my experience and the experience of several others over the years.

3). We keep hearing rumors that Mojito! is going away (which is a shame). Order soon, I guess? 8% below invoice for a factory order is a good goal to shoot for, depending on the dealership- but don't be afraid to use the internet and check other quotes for your order. I did that, weighed it against travel expenses and hassles (upstate NY to VA to pick up) and it worked out in my favor as I got a local dealer to match.

Other than that, it sounds like a good daily driver.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My 2 pesos:
  1. Yes, I’m pretty sure it is too late to order Mojito! But upcoming Sarge green will be super cool!
  2. I wouldn’t order the optional all-terrain tires for $1,000. For $1,200 I can get a set of five 33” (275/70R18) KO2s, including the stock tires traded in for $250 off ($50/each). A set of KO2s, Duratracs or ATXs will look —and perform— better than the optional tires Jeep has to offer. At that price Discount Tire will even include free rotations, balancing and repairs for as long as you keep tires.
  3. I added a Daystar Comfort Ride 3/4-inch spacer lift for $50 + $230 labor: it retains the original suspension parts and geometry, including factory-quality ride and handling. In fact, the ride feels slightly more isolated, which is nice. Although you can’t really tell that the Jeep has been lifted, you definitely can when parked next to a stock JL. Between the 33” tires and the spacer lift, the Jeep has gained 1”+ in height; you can tell by getting in-and-out of the Jeep, and seating in the driver’s seat.
Good luck!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is what a Sahara with body-color hardtop and stock wheels looks like with 33” KO2s and a Daystar 3/4-inch spacer lift.
cat=107&_nc_ohc=UL7EW76Sr6QAQktqUrhOJodMV_hYIOcgaM4jFVsc7Ajw-pYEQ0jIElmzA&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

This is her upon delivery, three weeks ago.
cat=109&_nc_ohc=SN1ICtKwjFkAQm-i_kL-L-tmwqWDKO2K67q9sCUPthc2Jxz-QfvT0ne-Q&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I think you better ask your wife what she wants:like: I wouldn't put a lift on right away. I'd drive it for a bit and see how you like it. It's just my personal opinion. I've had my JL for a year, and other than cosmetics, I haven't done anything else. I really like the stock look and ride.:involve:

But these guys are pretty full of wisdom, among other things;). So they do offer good advice on most subjects:rock:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
A stock JL Sahara offers the cleanest most comfortable ride you can get out of a Wrangler. If that’s what your wife is looking for I wouldn’t lift. You don’t need to lift fo fit 33s anyways. If you do lift avoid Rough Country or the Mopar kits. I wouldn’t even put 33s on for her use either.

One little thing about Jeeps that’s awesome.. The heater is hot and gets going real quick. Awesome for the winter time.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Why not look at 3.6 with eTorque. Super smooth. Can’t hardly tell when ESS happens. Shifting seems smoother to me also. I drove all available engines on Sahara and this was my fav

OP
OP
Installer

Installer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rickyrobert – thank you; will check out the Husky floor liners.

RubiSc0tt – we have Weather Tech “floor liners” rather than the “floor mats” on our '98 TJ and are very happy but will check Husky and Rugged Ridge. I do like the idea of them having a place to snap in place as our '98 does not. Hoping the lift kit I listed will not change the ride as it does not replace springs or shocks just adds brackets and longer arms. See link and advise me.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...nd=2020-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4wd-507457

Mojito can not be ordered now. However according to the Jeep 1-800# it is expected to be available again early 2020...

aldo98229 – the optional all-terrain tires are no additional cost when adding the cold weather package according to the Jeep build page. KO2's will be the next replacement in 33” or 35”. I like the idea of the Daystar Comfort Ride spacer in the fact that it gives a polyurethane spacer between the metal to metal and I would assume it will slightly soften a ride as you state.

Strommeen95 – I hope it heats as well as our '98 did after I back-flushed the system and got the 38 Hershey chocolate bars out of the heater core (it was nasty). Now you can not hold your hand down at the heat for long... it is hot!

Adamoni – as this is an every day driver for the wife and she does drive a lot with the 6month & 4 year old grand kids; I had looked at the 2.0 for the better fuel mileage and slightly better toque. I will take another look at the 3.6.
Sponsored