Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
What are your preferred rock rails, and why?

I’m having a touch of buyers remorse. I have these going on my Jeep today: https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-src-side-step-bars-2018-jl-4-door.html I live in Florida; my purpose for installing them is because of downed trees/deadfall and palmettos, and because my wife needs a step-up. When off-roading here in the past, I frequently found myself rolling over thick palmettos and the occasional downed tree laying across a trail.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

I’m having a touch of buyers remorse. I have these going on my Jeep today: https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-src-side-step-bars-2018-jl-4-door.html I live in Florida; my purpose for installing them is because of downed trees/deadfall and palmettos, and because my wife needs a step-up. When off-roading here in the past, I frequently found myself rolling over thick palmettos and the occasional downed tree laying across a trail.
LOD and white knuckle Offroad both make an excellent product.

Brett

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
LOD and white knuckle Offroad both make an excellent product.

Brett
The guards from White Knuckle look sweet. I had planned on getting them for a Power Wagon, but I bought the JL instead.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
The guards from White Knuckle look sweet. I had planned on getting them for a Power Wagon, but I bought the JL instead.
A great friend runs them on their power wagon and that’s how I learned about them. For the JL they arent “mainstream” but their quality is always great and they are stout

Brett

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

why the buyers remorse? i have the westin which are almost the same as these. i have beat on them on rocks and they are barely scratched. they make killer steps.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/white-knuckle-rock-sliders-for-the-jlur.25860/

Here's a thread on White Knuckle sliders. This is the only post I've seen about them on here. Like Rusty said, they aren't popular with Jeeps but they are pretty common among the Toyota guys. I'm sure the smittybilt sliders/steps will hold up fine, but smittybilt does have that reputation for lower quality. LOD makes quality stuff and their reputation precedes them.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
why the buyers remorse? i have the westin which are almost the same as these. i have beat on them on rocks and they are barely scratched. they make killer steps.
After seeing the product, feeling the weight and how heavy duty they are, I no longer have that remorse. They are extremely well-made and I think they look good installed. The kit also comes with a bolt-on strip that covers the pinch seam.

00807247-6F3F-4025-B113-FE6E34981516.jpeg

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I had a set of SRCs on my JKUR and they were very solid. A dump truck full of scrap metal dropped what appeared to be a balled up washing machine or water heater onto the road. It rolled into my JK while I was doing about 40mph and hit hard enough the whole Jeep bounced sideways. It scratched through the coating of the SRCs but did not bend/dent them and, more importantly, the body was protected. I never got a door ding in the JK either. All of that and I think they look good, so I bought a set for my JLUR. I'm more than happy with them.

IMG_0841.jpeg

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I have the Metalcloak overline rails, the fit and finish are exceptional.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I have the D6 Dominator from GoRhino. A little split on them after install (which was not smooth at all btw). They are definitely pretty solid and since they use brackets that take the place of the Rubi mounting locations, they are pretty secure. I think they don't match the lines as well as I hoped and since they protrude out a bit, they aren't as seemless either. I got them so I could use the drop steps for my 4 year old but he likes climbing up them without the drop steps so kinda killed that off. In retrospect, might have gone with the LoD's.

2019-10-31.jpg

Sponsored

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
I’d have to say GenRight is top of the line and RockHard4x4 Patriot sliders are very sweet.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
After seeing the product, feeling the weight and how heavy duty they are, I no longer have that remorse. They are extremely well-made and I think they look good installed. The kit also comes with a bolt-on strip that covers the pinch seam.

00807247-6F3F-4025-B113-FE6E34981516.jpeg
I got these. Good deal, except no directions. I got this for the bottom frame mount, but not sure what to do with the plate on the bottom. In the frame under the nut plate? Did yours have it?

image.jpg

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I’ve been happy with my JCR classic sliders. I don’t like that you have to take out the body mount bolts in order to install but that’s about the only complaint I have.

98C1CE1E-7A36-499D-B78F-F068FFAF1DBF.jpeg

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Just put the LOD Destroyer sliders on, nicely built, good powder coating.

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I got these. Good deal, except no directions. I got this for the bottom frame mount, but not sure what to do with the plate on the bottom. In the frame under the nut plate? Did yours have it?

image.jpg
Scott, I’m sorry but I don’t have a clue. My disabilities made it prudent to pay a small fee to have them installed. I checked out the rails as they came out of the box, but didn’t look any deeper than that. I would contact the manufacturer if you haven’t done so. The install videos show each nut on a separate plate with a thin rod attached, to thread the nut into the frame rail for the front bracket. Did you receive the pinch plate cover? If you have not done so, I would contact the manufacturer; I have read in reviews that they are very responsive and accommodating. Good luck sir!
Sponsored