Your favorite mods

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Hopefully picking up a new Jeep this weekend :rock: I need something to distract me for the next 48 hours because the excitement is about to kill me.
What have been your favorite Jeep mods and things you consider essential? (excluding lifts, tires, winches, gears, and all that other manly stuff). I’m planning on keeping this 392XR stock.
Pictures please if you have them!
(This is my first time starting a thread, so go easy on me 😊)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Mine's due to arrive within the next couple weeks, but my 2 mods I'm planning are...(start the hate now)..removing the "Rubicon" decal from the hood (looks kinda garish to me) and opening up the hood vents to make them functional (no need to post arguements, I've already seen them all). The rest are just stuff like Bolt hood lock, security lug nuts, floor mats, etc.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Sunrider for hard top is a clear #1 for me. So worth it.

I also added the Brawlee rear cargo light and love it. Cheap, easy upgrade that adds a lot of function. The RGB version is only $5 more and it's kinda cool to have the option.

My Diver Down neoprene seat covers have proven to be a great purchase, as well. Comfy, stylish, cheap, and I'm not so worried about my leather getting damaged during the summer.

Electric ratchet + TORX bit set = makes removing the hard top/sunrider SO much easier, and handy for other stuff, too. Pretty cheap and I use it constantly.

Weathertech mats (front, rear, cargo).

All pretty cheap, easy mods that have had a measurable impact on how much I love my Jeep and help me get more joy out of it. Details on all are also on my build thread.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Probably my favorite mod has been the diabolical slipstream. I like running without top or doors on and the slipstream allows me to securely carry my work laptop or other items when in this configuration. It's not water proof, by any stretch of the imagination, so you still have to be prepared to have things get wet, but it lets the Jeep fit into my day to day life more easily.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hopefully picking up a new Jeep this weekend :rock: I need something to distract me for the next 48 hours because the excitement is about to kill me.
What have been your favorite Jeep mods and things you consider essential? (excluding lifts, tires, winches, gears, and all that other manly stuff). I’m planning on keeping this 392XR stock.
Pictures please if you have them!
(This is my first time starting a thread, so go easy on me 😊)
It would help to know the use cases of this Jeep.
Rock crawler? Overlander? Daily driver? Weekend warrior? Mall crawler?
Just about every Jeep accessory is a godsend for one use case and ridiculous for another.

Sponsored

SurfMacJpMtb

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jp JLU Rubi, 17 Jp GC WK2 Quadra-Drive II
If you are getting a hardtop then a Bestop Sunrider is a great replacement for the Freedom panels.

Design67 dash mount for phone, camera, gps, etc. is very nice.

Redline Tuning hood struts are much easier than fighting to release the hood stick when it is hot.

Hothead Headliner provide a nice finished interior look, stabilize inside temps and change the acoustics of the cabin.

OP
OP
JeepVet74

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would help to know the use cases of this Jeep.
Rock crawler? Overlander? Daily driver? Weekend warrior? Mall crawler?
Just about every Jeep accessory is a godsend for one use case and ridiculous for another.
Daily driver to work (half the time), light trails, no rock crawling. We do a lot of day trips to fly fishing streams or our lake house. I don’t go to the mall but maybe a grocery store crawler. Lol.
Hard top.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, we live on a mountain. 2 lane road up and down most days. We also get snow from time to time.

Last edited:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Winches aren't just for guys :CWL: (my anniversary gift from my sweet husband):
IMG_7267-XL.jpg

For a Rubicon, adjustable lower control arms to get the caster correct (aim for over 6°—mine is around 7°). I have Metal Cloak's LCAs.

For daily driving, the center console is awesome:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NBWG688/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NB499FP/

The Taser is great for removing those damn weather alerts and having the backup camera on with the turn signals (I especially love that when the top is back):
D7396135-4A39-4C3D-8F2A-5BD38FACCF6E-XL.jpg

Congratulations on your new Jeep!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Probably my favorite mod has been the diabolical slipstream. I like running without top or doors on and the slipstream allows me to securely carry my work laptop or other items when in this configuration. It's not water proof, by any stretch of the imagination, so you still have to be prepared to have things get wet, but it lets the Jeep fit into my day to day life more easily.
This is my current drool until I see the price tag.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
+1!!!

The Slipstream is the mod that has positively impacted how I use my Jeep. Like @JeepVet74, my Jeep is my DD/grocery getter. I have a soft top that is down most of the time. The Slipstream is perfect for running errands, and for storing gear when on a hike. I love it.

IMG_3120-XL.jpg

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Daily driver to work (half the time), light trails, no rock crawling. We do a lot of day trips to fly fishing streams or our lake house. I don’t go to the mall but maybe a grocery store crawler. Lol.
Hard top.
Okay, so it sounds like a 392 JLUR XR is more than capable enough for that stock. You're right, leave all that as-is.

I'd actually recommend that you get nothing. Drive it for a month or two. See if you find anything about it awkward or inconvenient that could use some improvement. See if you ever think "It would be nice if I could..." or "if it had...", etc. Because after two months of driving it, what you think is important or convenient is going to change and it will be things that are very personal and specific to you and how you use the Jeep. At this point you just don't know what those things are yet.

OP
OP
JeepVet74

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winches aren't just for guys :CWL: (my anniversary gift from my sweet husband):
Jeep Wrangler JL Your favorite mods IMG_3120-XL

For a Rubicon, adjustable lower control arms to get the caster correct (aim for over 6°—mine is around 7°). I have Metal Cloak's LCAs.

For daily driving, the center console is awesome:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NBWG688/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NB499FP/

The Taser is great for removing those damn weather alerts and having the backup camera on with the turn signals (I especially love that when the top is back):
Jeep Wrangler JL Your favorite mods IMG_3120-XL

Congratulations on your new Jeep!
1. That’s a good man.
2. I will probably be headed down that winch path shortly. Esp after all the time I spend in these forums.
3.Your doodle is adorable.
4. I wish you lived closer. I want a female friend like you!

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Double your rear deck area with a tray, makes groceries that much eaiser.
Rear window LED light strip is so good, all white for maximum brightness.
Quality fold down table.
Sponsored