Sponsored

Your 3.0L Diesel's MPG's, share with the class.

OP
OP
Compression-Ignition

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
No doubt the ED has "plenty of torque". But the ED has the lowest amount of power of any wrangler and weighs the most, and it's the slowest once past 1st gear speeds. The 3.6 would not only have kept of with you (on any grade), but is in fact faster. "faster" in quotes because JL'saren't fast, we are really discussing various degrees of slow. And none of them are remotely close to an E9x N54.

But yes, more rev "drama" with the gas engines.
Okay, friendly wager time. Find a stock diesel wrangler and pit it against any of the other stock power plants and I am saying the diesel will win in an 1/8th or 1/4 mile dragstrip run.

I'd go run, against someone, but our jeep is on 37s. Heck I'd run against a stock tire'd Wrangler anyway just to see!

I'm calling you out @beaups

What do you say?! Let's make it a Jeep part anywhere in between $20 and $100 value delivered to the winners door. You in?

LOL! I'm loving the thought of this! Maybe do the above as a side deal and have the main event be a charity thing. Make guess's (without going under the time) as to the winning speed. Everbody puts in $5 for a chance to win some Jeep parts, TBD by pot size, say 10% of the pot, and the rest goes to a charity like Shriners Hospitals.
Sponsored

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Does the 2020 Jeep Wrangler Diesel DEMOLISH A New Gladiator In a Drag Race?
I guess that issue is settled

The BMW E9x has a curb weight of 3571 lbs vs the 4862 lbs for the ecodiesel.
The BMW E9x makes 300 hp/298 lb-ft vs 260 hp/442 lb-ft for the ecodiesel.

Yes, the BMW is faster, and has a MUCH higher top speed and will continue to pull all the way to 140+ mph on any grade at any altitude, but my original point was that from 60-80, the Jeep felt nearly as fast and responsive in the Colorado Rockies. The normally aspirated Pentastar engine simply cant get out of its own way at altitude. The video above and my observations bear that out. Any Jeep will probably top out well below 100 mph, but WHO THE HELL CARES.

Last edited:

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Team,

I have a JLURD with factory tires and suspension. My computer says I’m getting 26ish but my hand calcs are giving me 23ish. I’m doing 70/30 highway/city with max speed around 70 and feel like I drive it pretty easy in the city. Is the MPG seam normal and does your computer over report MPG like mine? Any input is appreciated.
It has been my experience that ECM's calculate to a near infinite number of decimals, plus they tend to exclude idle time, or some odd algorithm of idle time. That is likely where you are seeing a difference between your hand calculations and the onboard computer calculations.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Damn... I have a guzzler. 16 around town an 20 on the highway. But it’ll burn the 35’s at a stop sign/light with the stock gears. Thus, the lead foot probably doesn’t help.

Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Damn... I have a guzzler. 16 around town an 20 on the highway. But it’ll burn the 35’s at a stop sign/light with the stock gears. Thus, the lead foot probably doesn’t help.
That's the problem I have with my EcoDiesel, can't keep my foot out of it.

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
I’m getting 20.8mpg mixed with a heavy 35” wheel/tire combo and a heavier right foot. Perfectly happy with that! I get 25-27 at 80mph which is great for road trips.

Sponsored

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Still on 38’s. My average mpg dipped due to driving 85+ on the highway. Keeping it at 60-65 mph seems to give me 23-24mpg. Best tank so far was 26.1 mpg, I think I was driving with a tailwind the whole way of one leg of a road trip.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Still on 38’s. My average mpg dipped due to driving 85+ on the highway. Keeping it at 60-65 mph seems to give me 23-24mpg. Best tank so far was 26.1 mpg, I think I was driving with a tailwind the whole way of one leg of a road trip.
stock gearing?

OP
OP
Compression-Ignition

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Don't you guys hand calculate? I'm seeing lots of pictures of what the Jeep says it gets. Mine is occasionally on, but it can be 2 mpg high or low as well.
Sponsored