Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

About 10 years ago I was in Atlanta for a continuing ed class and a couple guys in the class asked me how much i paid for all the mud on my Jeep. And i was like, "What?!" They then informed me that you could buy "spray on mud" from a place in town. I didn't believe them because it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. Later that week i heard a commercial on the radio that advertised spray on mud "for the off-road look". But don't be alarmed, the commercial promised that their mud would not scratch or harm your paint. LOL. I am now suspicious of any muddy jeep/truck in ATL.
I remember about that time frame reading about a company in England that provided this service for your Range Rover to give it a tough look lol. Silly rich people. Like the $500 ripped up shoes that make you look poor(?)

Im on the flipside. I take mine out on offroad excursions and then have trouble trying time to clean it up. my JL looks like an old used JK lol

Pandy316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F250, 2016 Mustang GT

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have a $50,000 JL on order and currently have a 2017 JK. I’ve also never gone off road. I live in NYC and decided to look into some potential off road sites maybe in NJ or PA. The reason why I started this post with the price of my new Jeep is I checked you tube and some of these off road guys. You can keep it! Iv’e seen guys destroy their stuff on these trails. One guy’s Jeep was a day old! No thanks, I’ll keep my 4wd for the snow and take the Mall Crawler monicker. Say whatcha want, don’t care. Still love my Jeep!!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I have a $50,000 JL on order and currently have a 2017 JK. I’ve also never gone off road. I live in NYC and decided to look into some potential off road sites maybe in NJ or PA. The reason why I started this post with the price of my new Jeep is I checked you tube and some of these off road guys. You can keep it! Iv’e seen guys destroy their stuff on these trails. One guy’s Jeep was a day old! No thanks, I’ll keep my 4wd for the snow and take the Mall Crawler monicker. Say whatcha want, don’t care. Still love my Jeep!!
You weren't watching LiteBrite by any chance were you?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
There is moderate off-road, and then there is crazy motha%&^&*$%#& giant boulder crawling off-road, find your medium, stay in your comfort zone, and you should be good, no need to take extremes..

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
As you know, driving in snow is like driving off road

Sponsored

swwalker

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SUV, VW Jetta (Diesel) and 2019 Jeep Wrangler
Not my style but to each his/her own.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Crawl a Rock
Crawl a Trail
Crawl the Pavement
Crawl a Curb

But I will say this...if it is nice out, please be driving topless, that bothers me more than mall crawlers TBH

It is 70+ blue sky 0% chance of rain and you have a soft top.....WTF is it up

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Crawl a Rock
Crawl a Trail
Crawl the Pavement
Crawl a Curb

But I will say this...if it is nice out, please be driving topless, that bothers me more than mall crawlers TBH

Right on Crisp, 68-83 degrees, no rain threat, that top comes down every time. Even if I’m driving a mile away! Wife doesn’t like it, complains about her hair. I told her, you know those scrunchy things you use. You may wanna keep a couple of them in the glove

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Crawl a Rock
Crawl a Trail
Crawl the Pavement
Crawl a Curb

Actually agree with you
I have a hard top, it takes me literraly 1-2mn to take top off and store it in the trunk, and I do it every time I have the chance to !
And my daughter LOVES it :)
Sponsored