You might have a "mall crawler" if.....

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
seems a couple owners got a little triggered by a humorous thread. mixes things up a little, lighten up!

you might have a mall crawler if the following product is attractive to you:

I love it!!! Where can I get one??? I want it ready when my Wrangler shows up.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love it!!! Where can I get one??? I want it ready when my Wrangler shows up.
Not bothered Jeeper. Just stated facts. My reply was in fun.

Here is another funny for you. :LOL:
Now I just have to go by the lake here and drive my tire up on a rock and pose.
I will take my Sahara out there and pull quick connect and pose it too.

Now, that's funny. :LOL:

Love all you fellow Jeepers. :jk::rock:

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

All those things are on my bucket list…

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
seems a couple owners got a little triggered by a humorous thread. mixes things up a little, lighten up!

thanks a lot man, I just spit my drink all over my keyboard at the drive through scene, you jerk!

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
You might have a mall crawler if....
  • You thing using lockers means hitting the button on your keyfob
  • You wash your jeep more than the 1 time per
seriously, i think i qualify for almost all of the mall crawler items, except i have not been to a mall in 15 years. (Thanking god for this)

if i accidentally did a bunch of trails, as long as ther are no pics, i still qualify for mall-rated, rightđź‘Ť

Sponsored

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

thats not too bad. i wouldnt mind having 4 of those for a different purpose. few weeks ago i was installing skid plates on my ATV, it was a pita to line up some lumber and get under the atv to install. it was a ghetto setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL You might have a "mall crawler" if..... IMG-0260

Jeep Wrangler JL You might have a "mall crawler" if..... IMG-0263

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

Gotta admit, I would be both amused and impressed if this was permanently embedded into opposite corners of a parking space with the sign "Jeep Parking Only". I'd totally park there.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have had strangers tell me, "Sweet lookin' Jeep!" but they've all been luxury SUV drivers, like Land Rover LR3 and Audi Q SUVs, so since it appeals to that crowd, that's how I know I have a mall crawler (Sahara), AKA redneck G-Wagon.

The only off-roading my Jeep is slated to see in the near future is Anza Borrega, Pismo Beach, and the sandy areas around Lake Havasu. I do plan to park in some grass fields when we can go to concerts, again, LOL.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Seems the same here with Rubicon and so-called "serious" off-road guys. Who the F--K cares what someone uses it for.
I'll chime in on that. Might be because the Jeep Wrangler was intended as a rugged off road vehicle and by not occasionally using it as such you dishonor it's name and legacy. Some might view it that way at least.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I have had strangers tell me, "Sweet lookin' Jeep!" but they've all been luxury SUV drivers, like Land Rover LR3 and Audi Q
There are owners that fancy that their LR and Lexus can conquer the world. Walking around my neighborhood I spotted a Lexus with black steel wheels and a decal on the window. I don't recall exactly what it said, but something like "Oh a Jeep, how Peasant".

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
No its not a jeep. But its mine (hunnys) and it is the King Mall Crawler. Shocks, brakes, exhaust, bumpers, lights, suspension, hell I dont even know what else the one mechanic who is allowed to touch it (4 hrs away ) has done so far and yeah it looks baha ready but he won't even allow it to be driven to publix, (someone might ding it), or to a restaurant (theres alcohol there, someone might really ding it) and LITERALLY the only place he has driven it lately was to Neiman Marcus, where he pays for valet, yet refuses to allow them to park it so he does and keeps the key. Mall Crawler. So damn frustrating.
Lesson... looks can be deceiving. The closer it gets to 120 the more of a mall crawler it becomes.
(Im so embarressed).

Screenshot_20180411-093814.png
That reminds me of a Army buddy and his Ford truck(s) and one of my former soldiers and his GM truck. They are both the same, neither one of them even change their oil or check it... Only the shop or dealership.
If "off-road" means your driveway, unless:

What my driveway was like, I used over 40 80lbs bags of concrete to fill in one of the ruts.
lol, not realizing that a Bronco is a much better choice for the mall crawler segment.
The Ford Bronco no solid axles!!!
The closest thing Jeep has to it is the Renegade or Trailhawk 🤫 so is it competition for it really? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have been driving a JLU Sahara for about 2 weeks while the dealership fixes the paint issue on the door hinges.

WTF nobody waves at a Sahara, NOBODY, I wave and wave and wave, not one. LOL not even a Shitbox will wave. On a second note, the Sahara is a nice driving Jeep. I probably would not mod anything on it and just drive it stock as a normal vehicle.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have been driving a JLU Sahara for about 2 weeks while the dealership fixes the paint issue on the door hinges.

WTF nobody waves at a Sahara, NOBODY, I wave and wave and wave, not one. LOL not even a Shitbox will wave. On a second note, the Sahara is a nice driving Jeep. I probably would not mod anything on it and just drive it stock as a normal vehicle.
Yea Ted, mine is a stock Sahara. I love it but you’re absolutely right. Nobody waves. About a year ago I posted that I had given up waving. A few good hearted people in here convinced me to not give up so I continued on here in Road Rage NY.
About 3 weeks ago I passed 3 Jeep’s in about 5 minutes. I wave like a fool to nothing.
I’m done! I’ve got my friends like you right here in this forum. That’s enough.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

I second your thoughts. I've had the opportunity to drive the family JLU Sahara more since we got it a few months ago. It's a much smoother on-road drive than my JKUR, something that I appreciate as I get older and as my kids log occasional miles in it. I've also noticed fewer waves back while in it...my guess from that and from what I see on forum boards is the "Jeep community" has splintered into something that resembles high school social cliques - something I had little appetite for back then, and no time for now. It's unfortunate.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Yea Ted, mine is a stock Sahara. I love it but you’re absolutely right. Nobody waves. About a year ago I posted that I had given up waving. A few good hearted people in here convinced me to not give up so I continued on here in Road Rage NY.
About 3 weeks ago I passed 3 Jeep’s in about 5 minutes. I wave like a fool to nothing.
I’m done! I’ve got my friends like you right here in this forum. That’s enough.
I'm not giving up, and I'm also going to be fist pumping any Bikini I see out there trying to win you back into the fold.
Sponsored