You know your wife is cool when she....

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 2022 JLUS Altitude
My wife is cool because she finally signed off on me getting a jeep. It's substantially more expensive than the car I drive now, and she still doesn't think we have any business driving around in a $50,000 vehicle, but she still wants me to be happy. Don't take this as "huh, this guy has to get his wife's permission to do anything?". It's not like that. We agreed to make large decisions together, and so we do. Soon it'll be my rubicon and her sahara in the driveway.
Sponsored

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
42 years
Mine had a bit of a windfall at work and told me to sell the 97 TJ SE because it didn't have A/C and said she wanted a 21 JLR, 6 speed. Also likes to ride on my 73 Honda CB 750 that I restored.
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... IMG_1663 2

Wonderful

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
My wife let me spend a ton of money on my 2021 Rubicon. Most expensive vehicle we’ve ever purchased. Can’t say she’s into the jeep, but she signed off on it for me. To me, it doesn’t get much better than that :clap:

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
My wife doesn't complain when I golf, run, hike, hunt or other activities that she doesn't enjoy. Not to imply that I ignore her, or leave her alone all the time. Just that she doesn't complain when I spend an hour or two without her.
Even cooler though, we've got a 1950's marriage (without the repression of course). I go to work every day to pay the bills while she stays home and takes care of the house stuff. I tell her all the time that I got the good side of that deal and I try to give her a break by taking her on a "date" once or twice a week.
Ours is very conventional as well. I couldn't do what I do if it weren't for her running the house. She is like the COO and CFO of our union.

Sponsored

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
My wife has put her life in my hands for the past 50 years. Airplanes, motorcycles, blue water boats, fast cars - it's always been "Let's do it!" (Some call her reckless; I think she's cool.)
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... A and B 1971 log cabin

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Those times on the trail when you're pushing it just a bit too far...
tipping over sideways, too far up or downhill, staring at a rock ledge that we have to go over...
You all know those times.

My kids in the back getting worried. Dad? are we OK?
I'm clinching tight as I maneuver through the obstacle.

And my wife, cool as the back of a pillow. "You got this honey".
No fear at all. She puts all of her trust in me. Unconditionally.
So, she's cool, or I have her fooled.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I feel lucky to have a cool wife like you guys too. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary, and I'm looking forward to many more.

For starters, we got married on Halloween. We invited guests to dress up at the reception - we came out as jailbirds carrying a plastic ball & chain. She doesn't like regular cake, so we got an awesome ice cream cake instead. It was a blast.

But just before we got married, her car died (engine seized). I only had 2 manual cars (GTO & 3000GT VR4). I said if you are willing to learn to drive manual, you can have the VR4. She always wanted to learn, and even preferred it to an auto. To this day she still daily drives a 6 speed 4th gen Eclipse GT Spyder.

We took the PA motorcycle safety class together and both got our licenses. She has a Suzuki Intruder Volusia.

Most recently she supported getting the new JLU. My GTO is getting up there in miles and she doesn't like me driving it in the winter. I was originally looking at other used cars and used JKs (always had a secret admiration for the Wrangler), but when I saw the new JL still came with a manual, she pushed me to get a factory order with the options I wanted.

So yes, she's cool.
My wife rode motorcycle too. Her first street bike was a Ninja ZX10.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Mine has been on me lately to finish building the engine for the Wagoneer so she can drive it.

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... A and B 1971 log cabin
my goal is to find one of these and restore the interior, preserve the aging outside and convert to full electric. Batteries should be affordable for such a project in 4-5 years

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I have no wife! And I just thumbs up on all of your post. Thanks for making me feel like crap. You guys suck! I hate you lucky ba$tards. :crying:

Your wife is most prolly feeling the same way about you cause relationship is reciprocal.

(just joking on the message above save for the last sentence)

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have no wife! And I just thumbs up on all of your post. Thanks for making me feel like crap. You guys suck! I hate you lucky ba$tards. :crying:

Your wife is most prolly feeling the same way about you cause relationship is reciprocal.

Now now Ken, one thing I’ve always said is “there’s someone for everyone”. I know you’re a good person and somewhere out there is a good woman. You’re probably just working too much.
I think I speak for most of the guys in this room...we love our wives but it’s not always peaches and cream. Being single had its perks too!

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I forgot about the fact she rides too. That's her Sporty next to her Jeep in our small garage. ( Since hers is a 21 and mine is an "older" 20, my Jeep sits outside)
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... 20201101_063252

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ours is very conventional as well. I couldn't do what I do if it weren't for her running the house. She is like the COO and CFO of our union.
I love it. I typically joke that we're both engineers with her being a Domestic Engineer. Although I like your version better. COO, and CFO seem to be more appropriate titles for her. I'm going to start using that.

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time

As it's commonly said down here - 'you better git chu (you) one!'.

5Petes

First Name
Rustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in Punkn
...steals the Jeep to drive herself for the day while you’re spotting a line of newbies, including your son and a grand Cherokee down their first obstacle.

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... 6E601001-1150-491C-91DE-55E1B27CFDA8

Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... 2B2498F4-2A44-48A5-AC58-64B028973DEF
Sponsored