wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
dives the shitbox XJ to work
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... 1605179923116
instead of the JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... 1605179966279

because it might rain today and she knows I just washed, waxed and detailed the JLUR.

I have to take her car in to put new tires and hopefully the last set of tires on the car today.

What does/ or did your spouse do to make you think, they are cool?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Mine married me, that’s pretty cool in my book because according to her, ”I’m a mess”

brett

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
My wife’s cool as well. She lets me do what I want. It’s why we’ve made 40 years. It’d be nice if she was more into the outdoors like some of the other wives.
Great cook, great attitude, great heart. I have her in my phone as “Atta” (short for “Atta girl” which I’ve been calling her for decades.

655B7F78-01D6-4E17-89C6-28189088342C.jpeg

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
My wife is the quiet professional career kind, not very outspoken (unlike me) but hey, opposites attract right? We were on a long Harley ride somewhere in Oklahoma cruising around 60 mph and a car pulled out in front of us...by a stroke of luck and my "cat-like" reflexes we were able to swerve around him, as I was going around I glanced back to see how close we were and caught my wife with her arm fully extended out with her middle finger aimed directly at the driver...I thought to myself "yep, that's my girl." Its been 25 years and over 100,000 miles on two wheels she's still my girl.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
My wife is similar to the OP. She will take a different route home for me to avoid a daily road that they water down to clean at the end of the day if she knows I just detailed her Tahoe.

I got a cool. Wife. Quiet fire, voice of reason. Lets me do my thing which is always to over do something. Tries to pull me in a bit but eventually let’s me run with it.

GonnaGetLost

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC 1500, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Auto Mfg Equipment Engineer
Tells you to “just go order it already, because life is too short”, after you get cold feet on buying a Jeep even after getting the price you want from the dealer.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
My bride decided for her next vehicle she wanted a Wrangler, so it's been ordered (2021 JL Sport S in Chief Blue). I am blessed that she puts up with me for 42.5 years now.

(These forums have been so educational for me, helpful before I ordered hers. I was planning on getting a Grand Cherokee for me next year, but now I will be getting a Rubicon for myself)

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
After 27yrs we have been all in together. Way too many things that she does to support both of us in our mutual love for all our hobbies.

Also she does drive a 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk as she is my princess and likes the creature comforts. It's her 3rd one.

Sponsored

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I feel lucky to have a cool wife like you guys too. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary, and I'm looking forward to many more.

For starters, we got married on Halloween. We invited guests to dress up at the reception - we came out as jailbirds carrying a plastic ball & chain. She doesn't like regular cake, so we got an awesome ice cream cake instead. It was a blast.

But just before we got married, her car died (engine seized). I only had 2 manual cars (GTO & 3000GT VR4). I said if you are willing to learn to drive manual, you can have the VR4. She always wanted to learn, and even preferred it to an auto. To this day she still daily drives a 6 speed 4th gen Eclipse GT Spyder.

We took the PA motorcycle safety class together and both got our licenses. She has a Suzuki Intruder Volusia.

Most recently she supported getting the new JLU. My GTO is getting up there in miles and she doesn't like me driving it in the winter. I was originally looking at other used cars and used JKs (always had a secret admiration for the Wrangler), but when I saw the new JL still came with a manual, she pushed me to get a factory order with the options I wanted.

So yes, she's cool.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
My wife doesn't complain when I golf, run, hike, hunt or other activities that she doesn't enjoy. Not to imply that I ignore her, or leave her alone all the time. Just that she doesn't complain when I spend an hour or two without her.
Even cooler though, we've got a 1950's marriage (without the repression of course). I go to work every day to pay the bills while she stays home and takes care of the house stuff. I tell her all the time that I got the good side of that deal and I try to give her a break by taking her on a "date" once or twice a week.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
dives the shitbox XJ to work
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... IMG_5785a
instead of the JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL You know your wife is cool when she.... IMG_5785a

because it might rain today and she knows I just washed, waxed and detailed the JLUR.

I have to take her car in to put new tires and hopefully the last set of tires on the car today.

What does/ or did your spouse do to make you think, they are cool?
She helps me wrench!
Sponsored